Golden comet offspring

We have 5 babies. Only one has the darker stripes. The rest are all yellow like this one in the front 😍
20230304_141606.jpg

Congratulations on 5 chicks! Is there still one egg left, or is 5 the final tally?

Unless the lighting is misleading, the one in the front appears to have some red down, which means he/she should feather out with some red feathers. If you have any that are solid white-pale yellow, those will be your white ones.
My apologies for the picture quality; all my chicks are broody hatched and/or raised and the photo was taken through 1/2 hardware cloth. But of the 2 ISA Brown chicks riding on mama hen's back, the one in back (pale yellow/white) is a cockerel, the one in front is a pullet with red down. At the chick feeder, the chick on ground at far left is a white cockerel, while the one above him standing on top of feeder is pullet, as is the one standing below the white cockerel on the far left. Of course you know yours aren't sexlinked, but if any of the chicks have some red down, they should have some red feathering as adults. You can also see that the first wing feathers that the pullets grow are white,
20200709_071345~3.jpg

The other 3 are actually white, I haven't got photos bc I've had a day with them. All 3 needed assistance and as of now I'm not sure if 2 will make it. 😔I believe my humidity was too low bc after they started zipping they quit for more than 24 hours and I had to help, and they were completely stuck to the inside of the egg. This is only my second time hatching and the first time everything went perfectly. So the 3 white ones hadn't fully absorbed their yolk. I am trying my best but one is bleeding and I don't expect him to make it. Thank you for the photo! I am hoping I have some pullets!

Not sure if anyone cares but this is my second hatch from the Golden comets! They are all a little different. Also a pic of the two from the first hatch.
I care! And I think others will find this thread currently or in the future and be interested too. How many hatched this time? Are the gray and brown chicks (that are Not white or gold and white) from the same cross? If so, how odd, but I wanted to clarify.

I care! And I think others will find this thread currently or in the future and be interested too. How many hatched this time? Are the gray and brown chicks (that are Not white or gold and white) from the same cross? If so, how odd, but I wanted to clarify.
Yes the parents are the same! I hatched 6 this time. Seems like the babies with stripes are less common. Now I'm wondering which ones will be males and females. I'll keep updating if I can!

I used one rooster and 4 hens so the mothers could be different. But they are all golden comets

Back
Top Bottom