Good names for ducks anyone?

I used to do elaborate naming patterns in my younger days but now I tend to let my animals pick their own names either through a shared experience or something I'll always associate with them.

For example:

I have a duck named Frosty because she always slept with her butt outside of the dog house or dogloo so she always had frost on her little duck butt when I'd go out to feed them in the morning.

My duck that lost her partner namedQueenie, is now named Voldemolt (she-who-cannot-be-named) because she was always referred to as Queenie's girl. (Queenie was the name of the duck that died).

My duckling that hurt her leg is named Gimpy because she limped along for weeks while it healed.

All of my these ducklings were named Duck because I honestly couldn't tell them apart with 100% certainty until the October after they hatched. All were the same breed and no one had any obvious differences beyond Large, 2 mediums and 1 small hen.

In my current batch of ducklings I have Ribbit, Squonk and Bibbie. I honestly have no idea where Ribbit came from but it stuck and that's her name. Squonk got her name because her voice changed first and she just about jumped out of her skin when she heard herself not peep for the first time. Bibbie had a giant yellow bib that only went away when she lost her baby fluff.

Not terribly original but I'll probably remember those names even in my most senior moments because I have some sort of other connection to them:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom