Good treats for baby chicks

Pics

LhickenChicken

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jan 5, 2023
Rimbey, Alberta, Canada
Some of you might know that I recently hatched out 20 chicks. Now I'm lost on what to give them for treats, because I tried boiled mashed eggs and they seem to be turning their beaks up at it. I tried bits of grape, a bit of apple, and a bit of celery, but everything else... Well let's just say I'm not an expert on treats for these guys. The chicks are supposed to like the boiled eggs! I have chick grit, before you ask. But they don't like the eggs. Any "vegetarian" suggestions for treats for chicks?

Attachments

• chick-g3ff4044b4_640.jpg
    chick-g3ff4044b4_640.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 804
The only treat I give chicks is egg yolk in their mash or a chick stick. They don't need treats. If they're bored you can get them some parakeet ladders, mirrors, or little swings but they don't always use them. Alternatively, if its warm enough where you live, you can take them on little field trips outside for an hour or so at a time. They are growing-they don't need treats just their food.

The only treat I give chicks is egg yolk in their mash or a chick stick. They don't need treats. If they're bored you can get them some parakeet ladders, mirrors, or little swings but they don't always use them. Alternatively, if its warm enough where you live, you can take them on little field trips outside for an hour or so at a time. They are growing-they don't need treats just their food.
True, but it's winter here and, well a true Canadian winter. I've tried everything I've heard, but I DO want to spoil them until they can't be spoiled any more. That's just what I like to do with the chickens, is spoil them rotten.

I've tried everything I've heard, but I DO want to spoil them until they can't be spoiled any more. That's just what I like to do with the chickens, is spoil them rotten.
Spoiling them with treats is a feel good for you not always best for health of chick/chickens it needs to be done in moderation and the right way and time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom