Goose Egg Incubation

Thanks! I candled them today and one is beginning to get the "blood island" circle with the red dot in the center and the other has the red circle, a small embryo, and 4 tiny veins. They turn on the tray all day, but I still turn them 3-4 times each day. The humidity is at 54-56 now, so I'll raise it towards the end of incubation.

Anyone know the best humidity level for incubating goose eggs?

It depends on your location and sometimes even the breed of goose. The best thing to do is to weigh the eggs each week to make sure they're losing the proper amount of weight and if they're not you can adjust the humidity accordingly.

I just want to give a little update on my goose eggs. The two eggs have been incubating for 8 days now, and both of them are developing nicely.
(for some reason, maybe just because it is a larger egg, the other embryo developed faster and is slightly bigger) You cannot really tell the difference in the picture.

The egg you see at the bottom is another goose egg that I was fortunate enough to come across. It has only been incubating for 3 days. It is significantly larger than the other two.

So the third goose egg that I put in the incubator has been incubating for a week now. Two days ago, I candled the egg and it had a small embryo with veins everywhere. Today, as I turned them, it seems as if the veins disappeared. Here are the pictures (Tuesday on top, today on bottom):

Is the embryo still alive, or did it die?

Btw, the other two are developing great!!

Disappearing veins is never a good sign :( It may well have quit. You can give it a couple more days to be sure but it doesn't look good.

Back
Top Bottom