Goose Egg Incubation

They won't get turned enough. They will develop but will get stuck and die. Its better to turn them by hand completely over, 2 or 3 times a day.

I understand that it is not "turning" the eggs, instead it moves them back and forth. I said that I would still be turning them before and after school and before I go to bed. The goose had sat on them for a couple nights, so they have already began developing. The yolk has not got stuck or anything.

When they're in the incubator like this, it turns the turkey eggs perfectly, as they've hatched extremely well last time, and the goose eggs are getting turned just as much as if I'd used the trays made for them.

As I read over that, I think I may have sounded a little rude, so I'm sorry if I made it sound that way.

I've tried every egg tray made for goose eggs and none have even come close to hatch rates compared to turning by hand. So I'd say your good to go. Goose eggs also do better when you mist them with room temp water every other day. So I'd take them out and mist them then put them back in. Also high, high, high, humidity when in lockdown for hatching.

Thanks! I candled them today and one is beginning to get the "blood island" circle with the red dot in the center and the other has the red circle, a small embryo, and 4 tiny veins. They turn on the tray all day, but I still turn them 3-4 times each day. The humidity is at 54-56 now, so I'll raise it towards the end of incubation.

Anyone know the best humidity level for incubating goose eggs?

It depends on your location and sometimes even the breed of goose. The best thing to do is to weigh the eggs each week to make sure they're losing the proper amount of weight and if they're not you can adjust the humidity accordingly.

So the third goose egg that I put in the incubator has been incubating for a week now. Two days ago, I candled the egg and it had a small embryo with veins everywhere. Today, as I turned them, it seems as if the veins disappeared. Here are the pictures (Tuesday on top, today on bottom):

Is the embryo still alive, or did it die?

Btw, the other two are developing great!!

Back
Top Bottom