Goose Egg Incubation

It is only day 25 of incubation. The air cells have grown tremendously in the past couple days, especially overnight. My turkeys are hatching now, and they began hatching on day 24. I started a thread on that, and the only response that made sense was that some of the eggs were already being incubated when I received them.

I must admit, the picture does make the air cell look small, but believe me, it is huge. I had the egg turned slightly sideways, so my hand is covering most of the air cell.

One of the goose eggs has pipped internally now!!!! I know that there is still a chance that he won't hatch, but if he does survive, approximately how long will it be before he pips externally? How long before hatching?

Well this afternoon, the other egg internally pipped. Just now, I have opened the incubator to candle them and raise the humidity, but it appears that the one that pipped later today is dead!
1f629.png
. There is no movement. AT ALL!!!! The other is still moving a lot and is peeping, and the other was less than an hour ago. What could have happened? Could I have just lost one of the goslings?

There is a slight yellow stain on around where he has internally pipped.

PLEASE!!!! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

Well this afternoon, the other egg internally pipped. Just now, I have opened the incubator to candle them and raise the humidity, but it appears that the one that pipped later today is dead!
1f629.png
. There is no movement. AT ALL!!!! The other is still moving a lot and is peeping, and the other was less than an hour ago. What could have happened? Could I have just lost one of the goslings?

There is a slight yellow stain on around where he has internally pipped.

PLEASE!!!! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

I'm very sorry. A slight yellow stain could mean there was still too much liquid in the egg and it leaked out around where he pipped and he drowned :(

Very sorry you lost him :hugs

Well, the gosling did die. Fortunately, the other has externally pipped and is cheeping away!!!
1f602.png
I sure do hope he hatches!!!! I've always wanted a goose to imprint on me, and follow me everywhere. Maybe he'll be hatched later today!

Well, the gosling did die. Fortunately, the other has externally pipped and is cheeping away!!!
1f602.png
I sure do hope he hatches!!!! I've always wanted a goose to imprint on me, and follow me everywhere. Maybe he'll be hatched later today!
Please keep us updated. They sure take their sweet time about coming out.

@silkie1472

Back
Top Bottom