goose egg storage, cartons, bins, trays, flats? diy?

rosehower

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2023
Hello, I’ve search all over the place and i’ve even contacted a few companies, but it’s all for nothing.
I am searching for goose egg storage. Egg cartons that can be washed and reused would be perfect. They don’t seem to exist.
I can even find anything DIY, or antique.
What do you store your goose eggs in?
mine are in a duck egg carton, using a rubber band to gently kindof keep it shut (it was a dozen egg carton labeled JUMBO, which i was told meant goose egg) well JUMBO means ducks eggs. according to the company who made it.

long term i have a dream- making goose egg decorations, like pysanky. and i have everything coming along, i thought cartons would be easy to find, considering goose eggs aren’t rare.. but somehow i can’t find anything? please help.

On this topic, I hope you don't mind if I ask here OP, since it's a recent thread and incredibly related to my own question!

I am taking a greyhound bus on the 16th down to Dallas this month, a 7 hour bus ride, and I am planning on taking my excess duck/goose eggs with me to give to my friend who lives down there so he doesn't have to pay for eggs lol. The duck eggs fit in my chicken egg cartons decent enough, but the Goose eggs.... Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can store the goose eggs in that is relatively safe from breaking? I was hoping something cheaper, I don't really want to pay $30+ for goose egg cartons (plastic or paper) just for this 1 time trip bc I don't need 30 cartons :'D. I am planning on putting them in one of my suitcases maybe wrapped in a trash bag with a frozen ice pack inside next to them if I can fit it. Right now I'm storing them all in the fridge in an egg basket that they are about to fall out of lol.

On this topic, I hope you don't mind if I ask here OP, since it's a recent thread and incredibly related to my own question!

I am taking a greyhound bus on the 16th down to Dallas this month, a 7 hour bus ride, and I am planning on taking my excess duck/goose eggs with me to give to my friend who lives down there so he doesn't have to pay for eggs lol. The duck eggs fit in my chicken egg cartons decent enough, but the Goose eggs.... Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can store the goose eggs in that is relatively safe from breaking? I was hoping something cheaper, I don't really want to pay $30+ for goose egg cartons (plastic or paper) just for this 1 time trip bc I don't need 30 cartons :'D. I am planning on putting them in one of my suitcases maybe wrapped in a trash bag with a frozen ice pack inside next to them if I can fit it. Right now I'm storing them all in the fridge in an egg basket that they are about to fall out of lol.
You could wrap the eggs individually with paper, then put them in a box small enough that it doesn’t leave much extra empty space.

I’ve seen someone use the cardboard things apples or other fruits come in at the bill stores like costco. it’s a large cardboard tray with handles.

walmart fridge bins never crossed my mind. i bet if i find one that’s got a lid i can make cardboard dividers to stand them up.

Goosebaby, you know that’s crazy! i called egg cartons. com and they told me they don’t make plastic goose cartons anymore.
i called tufftubs too, that’s the supplier for tractor supply’s plastic egg cartons. they said unless i knew 25,000 cartons could be sold, it wasn’t worth making them. But he did find a tray he was going to ask if it was still in production. haven’t heard back yet.
also tried calling “the largest goose farm in north america” they said they don’t sell egg cartons anymore.

even though there’s so many goose people, there’s no such thing as a goose egg carton..? what about going back in time, are there old ones like antiques?

I was just trying to find goose egg cartons. Having only girl geese, we can only eat them. Hubby and I both found them to be incredibly delicious, almost sweet compared to chicken eggs. I’m going to order the paper ones from eggcartons.com. May as well add in some pretty colored ones too… 😂 What to do with 30 goose eggs cartons?? I can’t imagine ever needing more than 3!

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the help, still searching. i found a flat tray from rite farm i think it was. but i’m continuing to look for a carton ideally.
but the plastic bins could work great, and maybe ornament bins too..
i really appreciate all the help! thanks y’all!

if anyone has any other ideas, i’m all ears

Back
Top Bottom