Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics

This all the progress they have made. We have had a death in the family and are in the midst of funeral/family duties. I have not had a chance to research as I would like but I have one egg that is over 48 hrs with external pip. It has made progress in cracking the shell but not the membrane. I have used sterile water to moisten the area but a little scared to intervene to much. I'm sure there is a ton of info out there that would walk me through but could someone give me the cliff notes version before we head to the family viewing. Again, this is our first time and I'm so nervous to loose them right here at the end.

This all the progress they have made. We have had a death in the family and are in the midst of funeral/family duties. I have not had a chance to research as I would like but I have one egg that is over 48 hrs with external pip. It has made progress in cracking the shell but not the membrane. I have used sterile water to moisten the area but a little scared to intervene to much. I'm sure there is a ton of info out there that would walk me through but could someone give me the cliff notes version before we head to the family viewing. Again, this is our first time and I'm so nervous to loose them right here at the end.
Sorry for your loss. I would definitely assist at this time. Keep the egg wrapped in a damp paper towel and warm as you very slowly pick the shell off. Stop if you see blood.

Sorry.. just saw how late my reply is. How are they doing now?

Last edited:
I'm a little worried b/c he is flopping around in there and it seems he is still attached. I didn't know if it was ok to handle him or not. Will it hurt him if I get him out? I'm trying to look up after care instructions now! He is kinda flopping on the other 2 eggs. Sorry, I'm sure these are total newbie questions!

I'm a little worried b/c he is flopping around in there and it seems he is still attached. I didn't know if it was ok to handle him or not. Will it hurt him if I get him out? I'm trying to look up after care instructions now! He is kinda flopping on the other 2 eggs. Sorry, I'm sure these are total newbie questions!
The first one is still attached?? They will flop around at first. It is ok to handle if need but keep them warm. If still attached to bottom of egg, leave it be for awhile.

I have a question, I have 6 Sebastopol goose eggs they are at 7 days today I candled them and there is two that have good sized dark spots with viening and one clear,and three with tiny red dots and maybe light read veins, can they develope at different rates like this or are they dead? And also they were shipped and they are aircels up in egg cartons being tilted 45 degree angles 6 times a day by tilting whole incubator, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom