Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Good day . New to the forum this year . Trying to hatch my second round of goose eggs ( 1st resulted in two deaths ). We were directed for he guide on incubating and hatching goslings .
Now that we regrouped and started again I have an egg that started to make peeping noise at the fat end of the end . I noticed it about 12 hours ago . From what I understand the chick has broken the into the air cell. But I also understand the air is gone within 24hrs ... no sign of the egg being cracked still .
So should I make a hole in the fat end or wait ? I don’t want it to suffocate ....
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

This should help:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

I usually do put a safety hole in all my goose eggs. It doesn't hurt and it can save lives.

Cheers ! Your pics and details are very helpful...
Many posts / guides I’ve read don’t quite adddress the “ what ifs “ thank you for being thorough !

You're welcome, and thanks! I wanted to write it so that a total beginner would feel prepared if they had to assist :)

You're welcome, and thanks! I wanted to write it so that a total beginner would feel prepared if they had to assist :)
Yes that’s exaxtly right - you’ve provided enough info for a novice w lots of what ifs ... so many threads I read the first time round that just didn’t cut it ... like a tv show. “ to be continued “ but he never airs the second half lol . So cheers

Now I have another egg that is the age 28 days and when I candle it I see what lols like it breathing or maybe is a heart beat ... but it also looks kind like the bill bobbing within the membrane ... no peeping but clearly movement inside ... should I put an air hole in this one too or wait til I hear peeping ?

First time round I never heard peeping til it had cracked the shel - and then it was weak vs the one I asked about first this morning ...

Now I have another egg that is the age 28 days and when I candle it I see what lols like it breathing or maybe is a heart beat ... but it also looks kind like the bill bobbing within the membrane ... no peeping but clearly movement inside ... should I put an air hole in this one too or wait til I hear peeping ?

First time round I never heard peeping til it had cracked the shel - and then it was weak vs the one I asked about first this morning ...

Do you see something that looks like a shadowy triangle in the air cell?

Back
Top Bottom