Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Im so glad i got her for him, its the best thing ive done.
Sure is he needed a friend .
smile.png

My friend Miss Lydia invited me to post a pic of my new hatch

Precious!!

What a lovely face J.

Thanks.
big_smile.png

Adoptive Parents

growing so fast

Close

Closer, she just can't figure out why they would rather be close to me than her makes me feel sad for Missy.

My goodness, they are adorable and so very lucky they found you!

Lovely pics, MLyd. Aren´t they growing well!! They´re super! Missy´s fine, she´ll be able to take over soon. Then you´ll be feeling sad for yourself!
tongue.png

X2! Pretty soon your goslings will want to be with Sammy/Missy more than you, but hopefully they will stay imprinted on you for life.

Precious!!

Thanks.
big_smile.png

My goodness, they are adorable and so very lucky they found you!

X2! Pretty soon your goslings will want to be with Sammy/Missy more than you, but hopefully they will stay imprinted on you for life.
When does it happen? They are fast growing out of this Xlarge dog crate but I know they aren't ready for the great out of doors yet. I'm trying to figure out how I can get something larger in my living room to put them in for another couple weeks.

Iain nice african goose may i add
And its actually Iain i dont know yet the sex of that gosling because it looks like both sex to my standerds :/
It has a small head and big body and thats mostly female espically when they are that big! How old is your gosling

Miss L, it depends. If you leave goslings outside in pen, then they will probably gravitate to Missy quicker than if you are around.

Thanks, Serv! I think my goose is awesome, but I'm biased as she is sweet and very imprinted on me. I too think it looks more female than male, but it is hard for me without a sibling to compare it to... plus I want it to be female so bad, I'm afraid my eyes will play tricks on me. I forgot to write down the date of hatch, but I think it was about two weeks ago.

Miss L, it depends. If you leave goslings outside in pen, then they will probably gravitate to Missy quicker than if you are around.

Thanks, Serv! I think my goose is awesome, but I'm biased as she is sweet and very imprinted on me. I too think it looks more female than male, but it is hard for me without a sibling to compare it to... plus I want it to be female so bad, I'm afraid my eyes will play tricks on me. I forgot to write down the date of hatch, but I think it was about two weeks ago.
no way can I leave these gosling outside in hopes Missy and Sam will be protective, Missy really wants them but a little while ago while we were out there, the lil Toulouse went up to a duck like it was going to be a bully and the duck jump on it knocked it on it's back and Missy just stood and watched. I'm thinking maybe 2 more weeks and they'll at least be bigger My set up, 3 separate areas, one for geese and 2 drakes and their ducks plus chickens can go in there the other 2 areas have 2 drakes and their girls with chickens going in this area too. So no place that's safe right now. Babies are getting lots of outside time with grazing and getting to be with Missy and Sam. Just the way it has to be for now. Yes protective mama here.
smile.png

no way can I leave these gosling outside in hopes Missy and Sam will be protective, Missy really wants them but a little while ago while we were out there, the lil Toulouse went up to a duck like it was going to be a bully and the duck jump on it knocked it on it's back and Missy just stood and watched. I'm thinking maybe 2 more weeks and they'll at least be bigger My set up, 3 separate areas, one for geese and 2 drakes and their ducks plus chickens can go in there the other 2 areas have 2 drakes and their girls with chickens going in this area too. So no place that's safe right now. Babies are getting lots of outside time with grazing and getting to be with Missy and Sam. Just the way it has to be for now. Yes protective mama here.
smile.png
lol.png
Missy won´t protect them much at the moment, but she will once she´s adopted them, and it won´t take long. Would the duck have really hurt it? Just be out there with them all as much as possible, it´ll come.
Maybe a week at the rate they are growing then I'll worry about something else hurting them like members of the flock,
It´s amazing how they´ll grow in a week! I´m sure they´ll be doing a lot better with Missy in a week´s time. How is Sam with them?

Back
Top Bottom