Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Hope all goes well
1f44c.png

This thread is really active so because my question is breeding related I thought I'd put it here.

I am wanting to get Cassy a friend and the DH is suggesting a male! Now I'm trying to think what to look for!

Another pom would be great, but I got lucky with Cassy, so I doubt I could find another, unless I tried the farmer I got her from, but then I run a related or blood line issue. So what other breeds would result in adorable offspring with a Pom?

I've seen the Pom/Sebbie cross but what others might work, considering breeds I'd be easily able to acquire?

Also, this baby will be house raised just like Cassy, by me for 2-3 weeks with monitored safe visits until he's big enough to be in with her. Will a goose even mate/pair with baby they "raise"?

I have so many questions! Lol But, DH says we can keep 1 baby from any breeding so I want a cutie! Lol

Ideas?

Hey, never seen you around so cassy is new to me ;)

If you want a male house trained gander I'd advise you to stay away from the heavy breeds such as Embden, African and Toulouse because they are massive.
A Sebbie gander would actually be perfect because they are small and gentle.
Chinese are the best house pets apparently but that's only if the male has no females and if you want cute babies, Chinese goslings aren't the prettiest
1f602.png

Pilgrim ganders are gentle.
Tbh any gander that is small and well tempered will do.
Sebbies (Sebastopol) would be my choice.
Hope it helped ;)

I really kinda like the Sebbie/Pom cross too. And I'm a fan of Oliver the house sebbie on YouTube, he's so sweet and precious. Plus, being indoors would keep those gorgeous long white feathers clean! Lol

DH isn't crazy about that mix, but he's a softy, and a cutie in his face will melt him!

I wonder...does anyone have a picture of a baby Seb/Pom cross? I can only seem to find adults.

Ooh! Wait! More questions! Are Sebbies the ones with blue eyes? Would the blue eye gene pass in a crossing? What about the pale bill and feet? Genetics eggs-perts?? Lol

You...you don't know Cassy??!! Gasp! She's my "was a duck but now a goose" baby Lol. Spoiled rotten like a puppy but talked to and played with like a toddler, Lol. She watches tv, has a play pen filled with toddler toys she adores, she gives people hugs by stretching her neck and laying it on their shoulders, comes when called, walks on a leash, and her favorite is curling up with Mom on the couch for naps and tv time! Lol

This is Cassy preening after a bath and being guarded by Bear, my collie. :)

Don't know if anyone has that cross as poms can be quite rare and yes Sebastopol geese have blue eyes.
The goslings most likely will turn out all white but you might get the odd pom coloured goslings.( goslings would have different colours if the Sebbie was female and pom was male).
All goslings will get blue eyes especially since cassy has blue eyes.
I've a BrownchineseXSebastopol gander and he is the sweetest and quitest thing ever.
So the goslings will be very sweet since Chinese can be aggressive
1f609.png

You...you don't know Cassy??!! Gasp! She's my "was a duck but now a goose" baby Lol. Spoiled rotten like a puppy but talked to and played with like a toddler, Lol. She watches tv, has a play pen filled with toddler toys she adores, she gives people hugs by stretching her neck and laying it on their shoulders, comes when called, walks on a leash, and her favorite is curling up with Mom on the couch for naps and tv time! Lol

This is Cassy preening after a bath and being guarded by Bear, my collie.
smile.png
Do you have a bator? or are you willing to let Cassy brood? 1MrsMagoo has beautiful Poms and you maybe to get some eggs from her..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom