Got 1st Egg. AND I got to watch

SmileChicks

Chirping
Apr 18, 2014
Oregon
My EE Betty Jo is 19 weeks old. She and her sister EE have been doing the squat for around 5-7 days. Today I got home from work and she didn't come for the offered tomato but stayed almost still and off by herself. I waited about a half hour as she stayed in the same spot and was rewarded by being able to watch and video her first egg. She made not even a peep. No egg song. nothing. Didn't even move for another 10-15 minutes. Oh yeah.. It was shell-less. One of the other girls tried to check it out and it broke. :(. Have oyster shell available.
[/IMG]

I have been lucky other than not as large as normal egg they have been all normal. Congrads on the first egg!

I've been feeding them flock raiser with oyster shell available because the youngest are 17 weeks and not showing readiness signs yet. after this bag we should be good to switch. She checked out the nest box(tub) today and arranged it to her liking but no egg today. I've had the fun job of chicken sitting my neighbors pullets and they had their first 4 egg day. Those little eggs are just so neat.

I've been feeding them flock raiser with oyster shell available because the youngest are 17 weeks and not showing readiness signs yet. after this bag we should be good to switch. She checked out the nest box(tub) today and arranged it to her liking but no egg today. I've had the fun job of chicken sitting my neighbors pullets and they had their first 4 egg day. Those little eggs are just so neat.

I have 40+ chickens of different ages ranging from 4 weeks to 4 years.. I feed only flock raiser with oyster shells on the side... I am getting upwards of 20+ eggs a day and all of them are strong shelled good eggs... We have found it is less expensive to go this route as a 50 pd bag of oyster shells last so far 7 months I just sprinkle a scoop in the corner by their feeder once or sometimes twice a week.

I have 40+ chickens of different ages ranging from 4 weeks to 4 years.. I feed only flock raiser with oyster shells on the side... I am getting upwards of 20+ eggs a day and all of them are strong shelled good eggs... We have found it is less expensive to go this route as a 50 pd bag of oyster shells last so far 7 months I just sprinkle a scoop in the corner by their feeder once or sometimes twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom