Gray Fox!

Didn't catch it
1f61e.png
so now the hunt is on
1f413.png

Gray Fox much easier to deal with than Red Fox. Former much more likely to come back in range to be shot. Use dead rooster as bait. Tie carcass to something neat kill site here you have a good shot. Then wait with loaded firearm.

That's just what we do with unwanted cockerels. Sit out, wait and bang! Had quite a few this way and works well for us.

Didn't catch it
1f61e.png
so now the hunt is on
1f413.png

Hopefully next time :fl

Well the Fox tried to get the chicken out of the trap when I was gone today but I tied it in the back of the trap so he couldn't get it. Didn't see him today when I got home. Maybe tomorrow.

this time of year it's probably feeding a litter of pups, the missing fur would just be normal shedding, it looks odd to us because we're not used to seeing foxes that look that way. is still kill it.

We succeeded several years ago by talking to the neighbors, especially any that had birds, so we all were on the alert. Someone down the road, who was warned, and has chickens, was able to take our sick fox out the following week. We couldn't get a clean shot at him, and he wouldn't go in our live traps. Good luck! Mary

Hi all, new to this forum and new to BYC. We have a major fox issue. We've lost 18 birds in 2 months. We've trapped 2 juveniles, in 2 weeks and have seen a larger one as well, and think there are more. I've heard they live in "families". How in the world do you get rid of that many??? Any other things that are helpfu?

Gun is loaded and ready to go. Just have to see it again. If I don't get it before the weekend,I will be putting a rooster out as bait Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom