Gray Silkies question - PICTURES

The silkie club website is www.americansilkiebantamclub.com

I think you need to be a club member to access the forums; I am certain that you have to be to post, not sure if they can be read by non-members, but I think that the answer is not. We do always welcome and encourage new members, and I will say that I do not believe it at all a replacement or in competition with BYC. THere are quite a few club members who are BYC members and participate here regularly.

Quote:
Im assuming greys, I didn't breed them. Got them from another breeder,as eggs.

They are deff pretty
droolin.gif

I am betting they are from Marjorie Best, right? I have a grey from her out in my barn, and she has nice grey cockerels too. I have a grey cockerel that popped out of a breeding of Mihali birds. His type is FANTASTIC but he has some miscoloration. I picked up the grey pullet to see how much of the miscoloration (some people are calling misidentifying it as 'calico') will pass on, because I just *love* his type.

Marjorie has very nice grays, and she also has an older buff male cock that I like a lot. He's a gorgeous bird.

I had grays pop out of my partridge birds this spring. They must have been carrying the recessive silver gene. Unfortunately my partridge male died and I can't find a nicely colored male anywhere.
sad.png

Donna McCormick has the best Greys i have ever seen, to bad she doesn't show or else you would see some awesome greys at the shows she attends. And I agree with you silkielover07, I cannot find any good partridge males especially for sale. I do believe Hattrick has the best colored males i have seen.

Quote:
I wish I would have gotten a nice partdge boy out of this years breedings but for once I got all pullets
roll.png

Here is my partridge boy that passed away:

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Rachelle needs a boyfriend!

untitled1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom