Gray Silkies question - PICTURES

Quote:
Yes, they are light and dark varieties just the like Partridge does. I have a pen of grays..I also have a son of a George Mihalik roo which is dark but awesome type. Lydia Webb bred her gray to white(with the silver gene) and got about 50% grays from the cross.

Quote:
Thanks Sonoran, I joined and read for several hours. Great information and I like it because it's Silky specific. You're right, it will never take the place of BYC, it serves a totally different purpose.

Maybe I will hang onto them so they can fill out some more and then decide. I really really love the color.

Yes, they did come from Marjorie Best.
smile.png

Quote:
Silver is dominant, not recessive. Gold is the recessive allele.

Hmm then I have no clue how I got the grays then. I learn something new everyday! Thankyou for the correction Sonoran.
smile.png

Sonoran, would she be considered gray? If not, what color would you call her?

34583_gray_girl_and_kids_029.jpg

34583_gray_girl_and_kids_023.jpg

I had some of those light grays about a year ago, and got rid of them because I thought they were an off the wall color, wish I had of kept them now. They were really pretty!

Quote:
I am not on that site but have been wanting to discuss silver partridge & gray.

My silver partridge are NOT coming out gray as the standard dictates.

I have been working on SP for about a year....I need more of the silver where the gold/red is on the breast of the regular partridge.

I have worked on grays too, for a couple of years and those look more like what I see here, not like my SPs. Those were killed by a dog though.

I do have one partridge in that pen that came out with some red instead of silver. One pullet.

IDK how that happened!
lol.png

One of my main roosters (he is the oldest) is dark with the most silver in his hackles. Working on hatching from that pen, seems like at least one girl is a blue partridge in there, instead of a silver partridge. Although she does have silver, with more of a bluish underfluff

I am trying to figure out what is what and what I am producing from these birds. The first baby I hatched this year was NOT partridge chick at all.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
They look to be grey--but the photos appear to be black & white, not colour
gig.gif

I cannot find the adaptor thingy that downloads photos from the camera to the confuser (computer), ot I would post some pix of my greys, but the ones you have look pretty similar in colouring to mine. Here is an old photo of my original grey girl:
20590_imgp1341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom