Gray Silkies question - PICTURES

Quote:
I am not on that site but have been wanting to discuss silver partridge & gray.

My silver partridge are NOT coming out gray as the standard dictates.

I have been working on SP for about a year....I need more of the silver where the gold/red is on the breast of the regular partridge.

I have worked on grays too, for a couple of years and those look more like what I see here, not like my SPs. Those were killed by a dog though.

I do have one partridge in that pen that came out with some red instead of silver. One pullet.

IDK how that happened!
lol.png

One of my main roosters (he is the oldest) is dark with the most silver in his hackles. Working on hatching from that pen, seems like at least one girl is a blue partridge in there, instead of a silver partridge. Although she does have silver, with more of a bluish underfluff

I am trying to figure out what is what and what I am producing from these birds. The first baby I hatched this year was NOT partridge chick at all.
hu.gif

photos?

It is possible to have a grey with blue (no name for the variety that I know of; silver blue is already taken (blue birchen))

Quote:
Silver is dominant, not recessive. Gold is the recessive allele.

Hmm then I have no clue how I got the grays then. I learn something new everyday! Thankyou for the correction Sonoran.
smile.png

Males can be split for silver & gold; the split is actually called golden, lol. Anyways, a golden will give silver to about half his daughters and silver to the other hald. Ditto with his sons.

Anyways, in a golden partridge, the red/gold would look kind of washed out or yellowish.

what would you call a brown pencilled bird? This one popped up out of my grays... not sure what to breed her back to though...
33815_keep1a.jpg

33815_wing.jpg

Quote:
I am not on that site but have been wanting to discuss silver partridge & gray.

My silver partridge are NOT coming out gray as the standard dictates.

I have been working on SP for about a year....I need more of the silver where the gold/red is on the breast of the regular partridge.

I have worked on grays too, for a couple of years and those look more like what I see here, not like my SPs. Those were killed by a dog though.

I do have one partridge in that pen that came out with some red instead of silver. One pullet.

IDK how that happened!
lol.png

One of my main roosters (he is the oldest) is dark with the most silver in his hackles. Working on hatching from that pen, seems like at least one girl is a blue partridge in there, instead of a silver partridge. Although she does have silver, with more of a bluish underfluff

I am trying to figure out what is what and what I am producing from these birds. The first baby I hatched this year was NOT partridge chick at all.
hu.gif

photos?

It is possible to have a grey with blue (no name for the variety that I know of; silver blue is already taken (blue birchen))

Those I have...... somewhere

I just joined the ASBC

please keep in mind these are a work in progress for me
smile.png

He is now a year old. Or will be later this month. No recent pics though.

here is the one pullet with red
165616_1680859873821_1607285359_1506658_3770167_n.jpg

Main roo at days old
62949_1502820062937_1607285359_1183942_5936385_n.jpg

The main roo at 3-4 months
162985_1601118160328_1607285359_1361282_8125399_n.jpg

Main roo at 7-8 months looking ratty from free ranging after a rain
he is the one on the right
He as improved alot with holding his wings and such since just a couple of months ago!
163058_1663058508798_1607285359_1474452_5730493_n.jpg

And I need to get pics of the silver & blue. I think it is blue. It is a lighter undercolor than the main roo above

Last edited:
Quote:
They look to be grey--but the photos appear to be black & white, not colour
gig.gif

I cannot find the adaptor thingy that downloads photos from the camera to the confuser (computer), ot I would post some pix of my greys, but the ones you have look pretty similar in colouring to mine. Here is an old photo of my original grey girl:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/20590_imgp1341.jpg

LOL, I had to go back and look at them, they do look black and white
smile.png
They are colored pics though, I promise. Mine looks a lot like yours, so I'll call her gray. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom