Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the "George Soros" memorial showers.

I asked the girl that was the janitor of death row at the Florence prison just how the inmates passed their time. She said they practiced holding their breath.

Maybe we should do likewise.

I think the sticker shock of 2017 health insurance cost increases might have awakened some people. Really, $14K a year for 60 year old couple with $26K deductible? Would buy a lot of chickens.

But we were supposed to get free insurance that someone else was going to pay for! Durn it, and I didn't even get a free Obama phone.

My wife's insurance went up so much a couple of years ago, that I couldn't afford my insurance. I was paying $700 a month plus my former employer was paying a $100 a month.

I gave up my insurance and went to the VA for coverage. That way I could still afford to keep her insured.

Now, what am I going to give up this time?

I'll be interested to see exactly what "repeal and replace" means.

And I'm still waiting to see if Trump is *actually* going to do what he said he was going to do.

I just can't jump for joy yet... but I *am* happy that Russia and China downgraded their DEFCON status. We were planning on a nuclear bomb for Christmas over here.

MrsB

Our health insurance, one size fits all type, covers the following for me...mammograms, childbirth, menopausal symptoms, mental health (which you need with this plan), birth control...for my wife, she gets prostate exams as well as me. Can't wait until I call for my first PAP smear...should be interesting. Insurance, maybe...health care, not. And prescription medicines and preventive care do not apply to the deductible. So I am dropping it this month. Already spent 2 1/2 years paying for it and have never used it since it is pretty much worthless. But here in California, if you are low income, and insurance is a hardship for you, the hard working employed folks who don't get that benefit get to pay a major portion of your healthcare costs (The Shared Responsibility Tax). This state's legislature can go to....San Quentin prison, as far as I'm concerned. But now we have legalized Pot...and put a new tax on cigarettes to discourage smoking. Go figure. If we weren't living up here in the Sierras, I don't think I could stand it back in the Bay Area with the yahoo's in charge.

But, as I understand it, those not filing and paying income tax don't have to pay the $750 penalty. Am I wrong?

Want good health care? Get yourself arrested. You can have a state paid sex change, get your teeth fixed and look great for the rest of your life sentence.

The kid that lived across the street (illegal) got shot by a Black guy. I suspect it was a drug deal gone wrong. He racked up over $60,000 in medical expenses. Guess how much he has paid? Zero!

If he was shot in Mexico, and if he didn't have IMSS or Seguro Popular, he would have died in the street.

The fact that they kicked up the DEFCON status based upon the election is really scary! I was in the chow hall years ago, and that thing went almost to the top. It scared the bejesus out of us. It was that JFK was shot. We didn't know it, but we ran to our duty stations. We were pretty sure we were about to die.

The Soviets were just as scared as we were. I bet they prayed as hard and fast as we did.

But, as I understand it, those not filing and paying income tax don't have to pay the $750 penalty. Am I wrong?

Want good health care? Get yourself arrested. You can have a state paid sex change, get your teeth fixed and look great for the rest of your life sentence.

The kid that lived across the street (illegal) got shot by a Black guy. I suspect it was a drug deal gone wrong. He racked up over $60,000 in medical expenses. Guess how much he has paid? Zero!

If he was shot in Mexico, and if he didn't have IMSS or Seguro Popular, he would have died in the street.

If you owe taxes, and have no refund coming, the IRS has no way of getting their greenbacks for non-payment. Funny, how "Health Insurance Coverage" fines are under the control of the INFERNAL Revenue Service. Hope to see some heads roll there after January 20, 2017. Remember the immortal words of Nancy Legosi...you have to pass the bill to see what's in it. Well, we've seen it...bovine scatology. Too bad there is a shortage of tar and feathers here in CA. I can donate the feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom