Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I see Gazprom, the Russian natural gas company, is discontinuing their discount to the Ukraine. It is going to be cold in Kiev.

The issue is that the Ukraine still owes some money for last years gas bill, plus they seem to be unable to pay for gas delivered in January. Where did all the money go? Ask the exiled president. His government was a kleptocracy.

Well, I see Gazprom, the Russian natural gas company, is discontinuing their discount to the Ukraine. It is going to be cold in Kiev.

The issue is that the Ukraine still owes some money for last years gas bill, plus they seem to be unable to pay for gas delivered in January. Where did all the money go? Ask the exiled president. His government was a kleptocracy.

Which really makes his ousting seem like it was inevitable. I was listening on NPR they are denying their troops are in the Ukraine at all. When confronted with pics of APCs with russian military licence plates the russian ambassador could only say "I dont know how those got there!" What a farce!

Well, this fellow sure has some opinions. WARNING really rough language.

Sadly, the best thing that could happen for the Ukraine now would some dry holes. Russia does not want to give up their control over the gas supply to Europe. Competition is not good for a government monopoly. If the gas fields in the Ukraine were developed, the Russians would have competition.

If the US approved the twenty four export licenses pending, we could break the monopoly. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...lding-support-for-u-s-natural-gas-export.html

That would also raise the price of natural gas here. I think it was $4.64 this morning. That is a lot less than the price in Europe. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...gain-since-oct-2011-amid-ukraine-tension.html

The price is so low in the US that it is pointless to drill for it.

Sadly, the best thing that could happen for the Ukraine now would some dry holes. Russia does not want to give up their control over the gas supply to Europe. Competition is not good for a government monopoly. If the gas fields in the Ukraine were developed, the Russians would have competition.

If the US approved the twenty four export licenses pending, we could break the monopoly. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...lding-support-for-u-s-natural-gas-export.html

That would also raise the price of natural gas here. I think it was $4.64 this morning. That is a lot less than the price in Europe. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...gain-since-oct-2011-amid-ukraine-tension.html

The price is so low in the US that it is pointless to drill for it.

The Ukraine has to import 80% of there natural gas consumed. We couldn't supply enough to make a big difference.

The Ukraine has to import 80% of there natural gas consumed. We couldn't supply enough to make a big difference.

I beg to differ. Shale gas is a God send. Everywhere we look, we seem to be finding it. We have so much that now they seem to be drilling mostly in wet gas areas. The dry gas areas are being pushed to the back burner. China just discovered a huge gas field. In the US we have just begun to work the Mancos shale.

If they would approve those export licenses, a lot of areas would be worked.

I am still trying to figure out how Russia and Ukraine share a naval base. So with both countries having ships in harbor the russian fleet has demanded the Ukraine fleet "surrender" or be "assaulted." #1 I thought russia wasn't getting into the Ukraine deal so how does assaulting a naval fleet protect ethnic russians? #2 IF they board the ukrainian vessels wouldn't that constitute an act of aggression thereby instigating a modern war? #3 How would the Russians take the surrendered Ukranian navy prisoners without going onto the Ukrainian side which Russia says it wont do?

What do you think it would take for everyone on this planet to be considered an "equal"? Granted money is the root of all evil and everyone wants it. But if everyone on the planet did not have or use money, would you consider a person like Bill Gates to be equal to you or the "Jerry Springer Society" class? Or is it Intelligence? I will admit I have a few prejudices when it comes to people. Lazy, non working people are at the top of my list. Wealth is different to everyone, some consider family as wealth instead of money. I think if your smart enough financial wealth is your own reward.
If everyone was considered a true equal to everyone else, what is the main obstacle that would need to be dropped? Skin color? Money? Intelligence? Most all conflicts can be traced to one of these reasons. I'm not sure but if everyone was a true equal in society there wouldn't be wars, invasions, drug use, dictatorships, starvation, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom