Green duck eggs.

cheyfrie26 said he lives in Ohio.

From the Ohio Department of Natural Resources

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/New...ng-Citizens-to-Keep-the-Wild-in-Wildlife.aspx

Wildlife Officials Caution Well-Meaning Citizens to Keep the Wild in Wildlife

COLUMBUS, OH - In the spring and early summer, when wildlife reproduction is at its peak, you may discover a nest of young birds or rabbits, a fawn or another wild animal with no adult in sight. Enjoy the scene, but leave them alone! Wildlife parents are very devoted to their young and rarely abandon them. If taken from their natural habitat, young animals have little chance of surviving.

. . .

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife staff, Ohio Wildlife Rehabilitators Association (OWRA) members, and licensed wildlife rehabilitators have worked hard to reduce the number of wild animals being picked up by well-meaning people.

. . .

Many people believe that they are doing the right thing by rescuing a young wild animal and think that hand raising is a good alternative to being raised in the wild. This could not be further from the truth as a hand-raised wild animal, even under expert care, has little chance of long-term survival once released to the wild. Because of the difficulties in providing the proper care and diet for wild animals, only specially trained and licensed wildlife rehabilitators are authorized to take them in when they are found to be truly orphaned or injured.

And here, cheyfrie26, are their phone numbers for you to call about your wild duck.

or more information, contact:
ODNR Division of Wildlife, Central Ohio
614. 644. 3925
-or-
ODNR Division of Wildlife, Northwest Ohio
419. 424. 5000
-or-
ODNR Division of Wildlife, Northeast Ohio
330. 644. 2293
-or-
ODNR Division of Wildlife, Southeast Ohio
740. 589. 9930
-or-
ODNR Division of Wildlife, Southwest Ohio
937. 372. 9261

Last edited:
Ok, I'll call
big_smile.png

I got voice mails. I will email an Ohio wildlife place. Oh, and for the record, I'M A BOY! Haha, no problems tho.

Its fine. Haha, my real name is Chey, which is strange for a boy. But just letting you guys know.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Lol. that was the most ammusing thing on this whole thread. I told you my piece by pm Chey, so I wont add to it here, other than I believe it to be a true mallard (non-domesticated). I dont know if you know or not but the flying mallards you purchase from hatcheries and breeders are atleast 6 generations removed from the true wild duck. (this knowledge came from a well known breeder in my area when I questioned her about laws in my state) so they are a little bigger than a true wild mallard. That may be why you think it is smaller than yours. So whatever your decision is, and it IS YOUR decision, I wish you luck! It is adorable and I am glad you saved a life. Or created one rather, there can never be enough fluffy butts in the world to satisfy me
wink.png
have a good night!

Back
Top Bottom