green feet

12890_07-08-08_1325.jpg

I am new to this board, but I was told the green footed chicks are Aracunas; we have three. They will lay green eggs!

They appear to be Easter Eggers! You should have some nice, green eggs from them! Pretty girls!

They aren't Araucana- Araucanas are rumpless chickens (no tails)

I vote Easter Eggers too - meaning they can lay pretty much any color egg, including green/blue, etc.

They are nice chickens - enjoy them!

This is my favorite article that explains the differences between Ameraucana, Araucana and Easter Egg chickens. What most hatcheries sell as 'ameraucanas' or 'americanas' are actually Easter eggers.

http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/2/2-3/John_W_Blehm.html

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry, Arlee's right - I should have mentioned that EE's sometimes do not lay green eggs. In fact, my first batch of chicks I purchased from Mt. Healthy Hatchery, and while they are really healthy and grew up nicely for me, only 2 of the 6 pullets lay green eggs. Sigh. But, mine are awesome layers - most lay me 5-6 each week!

so the dark one is also an easter egger, I know that some of the ones I have(the lighter ones-in the background are) however they don't have green feet. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to much more advice since I am a new egg:)

Back
Top Bottom