green feet

Sometimes, they'll have grayish (slate) legs. They can come in so many different color varieties, which is why I love them so much! Plus, as I said, they tend to be really good layers.

I should have said "Welcome to BYC!" You'll love this place!

I think EEs can pretty much have any color legs, but green is fairly common. I have an EE with yellow legs (the chick in my avatar).

I also have realized I have Bahmas and bannies (SP?) and isa browns which I got from some Omish people in Versailles(didn't know what they were) but the flock doesn't seem to socialize with them. I don't know if it because of the breed or because they were not of the same flock? Any answers on how to protect them or adjust them to all together? Also I think I have 2 male Brahmas, my father-in-law has two and they have pecked my 3 year old daughter,chased my 5 year old son, and fought toe-to-toe with my husband. Are they all this territorial or is it because they weren't raised around young kids?

thanks for the page maybe I can head the meanness off before it starts. I also have EE's will the brahmas will they well ya know?? and I'll if they do what are they called (mutts)
smile.png

Anything with greenish feet is probably an Easter Egger, however, not all EEs have green feet. Banties (bantams) are just miniature chickens. Do you know the breed of those?
The roosters are not safe around young children, especially if they haven't been socialized at all. My own policy is that no rooster who flogs or bites gets to stay if he wont readjust his attitude quickly. If you truly have Brahmas, they will be HUGE roosters and could do some damage.

I was wondering about that too. We have one HUGE chick with green legs and fuzzy feet. Since he came from a batch of eggs in which some of them were greenish, I am assuming he is at least part EE.(Though when he was born his legs were bright yellow). Good thread!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom