Grit

GalaxyChicken

Chirping
Apr 20, 2023
Florida
Gonna be giving grit to my 9 week old chicks since they are now outside and have been having diarrhea and I wanna see if this fixes the problem.

I've been researching options and I'm kinda curious for ya'lls opinions and wanna hear what you guys do for your flocks.

- I think most people mix it in their food, but I'm not sure about doing that for my flock, as I'm worried they might eat to much of it. (Is that even a problem??)
- I've also heard some people just make a little pile of it so the chicks can eat it when they please.
- And the last option, just throwing it around on the ground in random places so the chicks get it while their foraging. This is the one I'm leaning towards the most.

There is more then likely more options and I'd love to get suggestions and advice.

This is probably a stupid question but do you mean like in their food? And if so does it say that on the bag? I can already tell I sound stupid, sorry.
Not at, no such thing as a stupid question.
Sometimes chicks need a little extra, feed store often sell it in little packets. You can also moisten their food to make it easier to digest.

Not at, no such thing as a stupid question.
Sometimes chicks need a little extra, feed store often sell it in little packets. You can also moisten their food to make it easier to digest.
Thank you! I'll see if I can find some packets at my local feed store. But while we're on the topic of grit, do you think I should even give them some? I know they don't need it with the crumbles, but since they are outside now I don't want them getting ahold of something they need grit for.

Back
Top Bottom