Growing fodder for chickens

Pics
Quote:
what grains did you use?

Quote:
MG15 congrats on diving in and making use of your plastic containers! I too, have quite a collection and will be putting them to use as you have done, thanks for the inspiration!
I am wondering what you used to burn the holes into the containers?
AND Would you consider taking a picture that's from a little farther away so i could see the whole system in action? I'd be most grateful
love.gif

Cheers!
Ann

I intended to use wheat only, but sometimes my bags of wheat from the mill include other grains or a few peas or beans unexpectedly. It is about 90% wheat, but there are a few oats and some type of pea mixed in. They are growing beautifully! Because they're doing so well, I added more oats and peas to the batch I put to soak today.

Ann - I used a very small screwdriver to burn the holes. I have a gas stove and used the flame from the burner to heat my screwdriver every few holes. It was very quick and the handle kept my hand from getting hot.

This is a pic from this morning (day 5 in the to-go container).

This is the production line...days 1-5. It just doesn't show the soaking container.

Quote:

Quote:

I intended to use wheat only, but sometimes my bags of wheat from the mill include other grains or a few peas or beans unexpectedly. It is about 90% wheat, but there are a few oats and some type of pea mixed in. They are growing beautifully! Because they're doing so well, I added more oats and peas to the batch I put to soak today.

Ann - I used a very small screwdriver to burn the holes. I have a gas stove and used the flame from the burner to heat my screwdriver every few holes. It was very quick and the handle kept my hand from getting hot.

This is the production line...days 1-5. It just doesn't show the soaking container.
That's a beautiful production line you have there! It's amazing how fast they grow. Even my husband is enjoying this project.

thanks mg, i thought my husband would think i was funny by suggesting the guttering in the kitchen but he thought it was an interesting idea, so it might actually happen pretty soon.
big_smile.png

Quote:

Quote:

You guys are awesome! I have to get my setup done and going, we are supposed to get snow next week
sad.png

Now i just have to decide what direction to go in, too many good ideas i can't choose!

Back
Top Bottom