Growing Up: Easter Egger

Here is a pic of one of my EEs as a chick:
CIMG1743.jpg

And of her as a pullet, she's a little bigger now, but same coloring:

CIMG1887.jpg

Neat thread!

Quote:
Oops, I guess I should have clarified...sorry! She is the one all the way to the right. The one in the middle is/was a RIR roo, he has since been re-homed. She is fairly small, maybe 4/5 pounds? And lays creamy, light brown eggs
rant.gif
yes for an EE! Hers are a little smaller than my other breeds.

Here is my EE, Rizzo, at about a week old:

IMG_6699.jpg

She's on the right. You'll notice my silkie, Lucy, with her in just about every picture. I have two silkies and Rizzo treats them like her babies!

Around 4 weeks:

IMG_7019.jpg

And now at 6 weeks

IMG_7574.jpg

I'll keep posting as she gets older. She's changing so quickly!

Quote:
These chicks (all of them!) look almost identical to some that I got. Mine came from Ideal Hatchery (via a local feed store) and they're all Easter Eggers. Mine are growing fast and will be nice large birds. I'll post some pictures of at least some them at several ages later today. I split the batch with my landlady so I'll try to get some pictures of those 3 as well but it's raining off and on so I don't know when I'll be able to get those up.

I finally got a chance to go back through all of this thread and WOW what gorgeous EE's! It is so amazing to me how much they change!

I cant wait to post my before and after pics once the little buggers grow up!
big_smile.png

54371_100_1615.jpg

54371_100_1616.jpg

3 days old

54371_100_1626.jpg

54371_100_1629.jpg

54371_100_1631.jpg

18 days old

I picked up two cute little EE chicks from a nice lady in Southern California. Out of all the chicks, they are the family favorites. My son got to name them because they hatched on his 10th birthday. So "Gizmo" is the darker chipmunk one and "Stripe" is the lighter one with a stripe on her head. I'm really hoping that they are pullets. Gizmo has no tail feathers (maybe rumpless???) and little comb starting to grow. Stripe has much more feathers than Gizmo. Let me know what you think.

This is my first post on BYC- i hope I uploaded correctly. Thanks everyone, I've really learned alot about chickens from this forum.

We adopted 2 BO pullets and 2 BR pullets too from a local feed store.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom