Guess I'm done breeding chickens... got a letter from the city

Quote:
Had the inspection on Wednesdayand the gentleman said that if he were the neighbor he would allow me to have chickens as he said it all looked very clean.

Indeed, they are getting ready to sell.

And here's the bad part, once they sell I would have to get the new owners to sign another affidavit.

So now do I pray that they can't sell??? but of course they are getting along in years...

Nice part of it is, we all had hugs before we left their home. It felt good and I knew it was the prayers of many here. She really didn't want to sign it, but when her husband said he would if things remained as they are now, she said she would too.

I think part of the problem was that my auto waterer leaked and water with poo just stinks... so now I turn it on for 10 minutes every morning and shut it off... plus they also have a waterer in the coop that I fill every day with clean water.

The other thing they hated was all of the wild birds... so I'll only give them what they will eat in the run in the AM and anything else they'll have to eat from the feeder in the coop.

I'm seriously considering putting some rat poison in my garden with some scratch and try and cull the wild bird population.... but I probably won't I love birds too much.

That is awesome Dar! I bet it is going to take a long while for them to sell with the market the way it is now. I am just relieved. I have been worrying about you for a week now. Glad it isn't all bad.

clap.gif

Quote:
Had the inspection on Wednesdayand the gentleman said that if he were the neighbor he would allow me to have chickens as he said it all looked very clean.

Indeed, they are getting ready to sell.

And here's the bad part, once they sell I would have to get the new owners to sign another affidavit.

So now do I pray that they can't sell??? but of course they are getting along in years...

Nice part of it is, we all had hugs before we left their home. It felt good and I knew it was the prayers of many here. She really didn't want to sign it, but when her husband said he would if things remained as they are now, she said she would too.

I think part of the problem was that my auto waterer leaked and water with poo just stinks... so now I turn it on for 10 minutes every morning and shut it off... plus they also have a waterer in the coop that I fill every day with clean water.

The other thing they hated was all of the wild birds... so I'll only give them what they will eat in the run in the AM and anything else they'll have to eat from the feeder in the coop.

I'm seriously considering putting some rat poison in my garden with some scratch and try and cull the wild bird population.... but I probably won't I love birds too much.

Well that's great there Mahonri, I guess I shall recede my wish for a haboob to drop your hen-house on top your neighbor, for now that is,
wink.png
forgiven but not forgotten.

Jeff

Last edited:
Quote:
In California, that is totally ILLEGAL. The house next to us is foreclosed and they have a big tree with limbs over the fence, ON our shed. We talked to multiple arborists, and none would touch it without permission from the bank. It is apparently a slam dunk loss if you are taken to court.

We have the same issue with an oak tree...if you are in SoCal you know there is little more sacred than an oak tree. I hear oaks like to have their leaf litter left as in under it.

Guess who plans on doing a LOT of raking
big_smile.png

I suppose it's different where you are but this was always my understanding....

"ABA Family Legal GuideHome Ownership
Managing Neighborhood Problems
Trees
Can I trim the overhanging limbs of my neighbor's tree?
You may trim the branches of a neighbor's tree that hang over your property, with certain restrictions:

You may trim up to the boundary line only.
You need permission to enter the tree-owner's property (unless the tree poses imminent and grave harm to you or your property).
You may not cut down the entire tree.
Your trimming may not destroy the tree.
It's always best to notify the tree owner before starting any trimming, pruning, or cutting. If the owner objects to the trimming, offer reassurance that the job will be done professionally and responsibly, respecting the mutual rights of both parties involved."

And I'm glad it worked out somewhat for you Mahonri...sad though you had to go through this.

I'm so happy that you are able to keep some hens, Mahonri.

Maybe you need one of those treadle feeders so you don't feed the wild birds? Gallo del Cielo has a pattern on his BYC page, and I saw some for sale on ebay once.

You probably know all about them, but I thought I would just mention it.

Back
Top Bottom