Guess I'm done breeding chickens... got a letter from the city

You should look for a device that you could setup outside that when the rooster crows, it will activate a loud recording of a barking dog
tongue.png

I wish I would have kept that BR roo from Kathy and the Easter Hatch...it hadn't starte crowing yet.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I have had a neighbor make rude comments about my front yard veggie garden. People want cookie cutter yards and lawn only.
roll.png

Luckily, no city officials yet.

Well, I'm still going through severe roo withdrawal. I was happy to go out today and find a marans egg and two w/bw Ameraucana eggs, but I know they are no longer fertile and that bugs me A LOT. I'm also going through Icelandic withdrawal. I REALLY miss them.

I've dreamed a lot about moving, but that's just not possible. I'm making half what I made in 2004 and with 7 kids we are just making ends meet.... and with gas prices the way they are, I need to stay close to the office.

This next weekend I'll be worming all of the girls again....it's a twice a year thing... and dusting and spraying them and the coop. Out of the 19 only six are laying (leghorn, polish, 2 ams, an olive egger and one marans) but I have about 5 that should be laying any day now. A RIR, a NH, a SLW, my light brahma and my buff brahma and then I've got five others that should start laying in Dec and then two more in Jan.

That should give me some eggs. I've still got my incubators in storage, but I think if I need more chicks to replace old hens, I'll just order chicks from friends here on BYC or get the ornamental layers from McMurray, or buy a couple here and there from The Feed Barn.
Where I've had one complaint, if I were to get caught with a roo, I could get a HUGE fine.

I've certainly cut down on my feed bill and I guess that's a plus.

I feel like I've had the BYC air knocked out of me...

Back
Top Bottom