HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Don't you have like 600 babies running around that place already?
All of them our juvies now, and outside. except the turkeys... and 1 single red sex link hatchling that was like super young compared to the others I got from TSC... I had to stick it in with the turkey's when the others went outside. I suppose I could stick her in with the new baby if the other one doesn't hatch ;o

Sadly, I seem to always have staggered batches running around so I never have ones the same age.

I had about 24 eggs in the bator, set to hatch on the 1st. I only candled once, and only one egg appeared to be fertile. I've been having trouble with my humidity pump, so I was adding water each day. Yesterday, I gave up since there was no sign of the one egg hatching (or any of the others - I left them in there). I've been ignoring the 'bator

I just got a call that there is an almost dry - sort of fluffy chick running around the 'bator. Humidity is down at 30. It hatched some time this afternoon - day 24. So, I guess it was just a little slow, and VERY DETERMINED.

Now I have 1 sad little chick. I'm hoping I have a broody momma in the silky pen!
Congrats on the 1
good luck on the broody LOL

Well I'm one young rooster shorter tonight. Went into coop to pick something up and left door open. Bad mistake he flew right by me and went out the door. Last I saw him he was into the bushes. Got the net but far too slow. Hopefully he'll show the same savvy tonight as the coyotes have been thick the past few nights. Did I mention these guys are skittish.
Oh no!
fl.gif

@Pensmaster good luck finding him alive :(

@Sally Sunshine I'm hoping I wake up to a baby. I have to take my hubby to work in the morning, which means piling the 3 youngest kids in the car at 5am :hmm
fl.gif

Out of the 10 eggs I slipped under a broody hen, 15 days ago, all but 3 were clear. Combination of shorter days affecting my rooster's fertility and uncooperative young pullets. At least I have 3 beautifully developing embryos nearly ready to hatch. Just a few more days now.
Good luck!!!

Went out one last time to see if little roo had come back. So it's really dark me and the flashlight, and a skunk comes out of the area I last saw the Roo. Didn't find the roo which is good means skunk didn't either. Set trap near area hoping he'll go for that and not roo..
i hope he comes back for you

3 babies hatched today. 2 BCM's and 1 Olive Egger.
CONGRATS!!!!!

2 Silkies are going into lockdown on Thursday
fl.gif

I got a pip!!! And some chirping too, i feel like a little kid on Christmas morning!
smile.png
wee.gif

All of them our juvies now, and outside. except the turkeys... and 1 single red sex link hatchling that was like super young compared to the others I got from TSC... I had to stick it in with the turkey's when the others went outside. I suppose I could stick her in with the new baby if the other one doesn't hatch ;o

Sadly, I seem to always have staggered batches running around so I never have ones the same age.
WHERE ARE OUR PICS!! lol
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom