HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Candled today day 12 and 5 for my staggered hatch.

I have 10 still going strong from my day 12 eggs,
and 9 with good veining on the day 5 eggs.

In total in the incubator I have

3 Serama X EE
8 Pure Serama
8 Bantam EE

I thought my newer shipment was going to have a lower development rate based on the look of the air cells but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised.
wee.gif

Now they just need to get through lock down and hatch
fl.gif

Candled today day 12 and 5 for my staggered hatch.

I have 10 still going strong from my day 12 eggs,
and 9 with good veining on the day 5 eggs.

In total in the incubator I have

3 Serama X EE
8 Pure Serama
8 Bantam EE

I thought my newer shipment was going to have a lower development rate based on the look of the air cells but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised.
wee.gif

Now they just need to get through lock down and hatch
fl.gif
good luck!

My TJ egg quit on day 10. It broke my heart. I went back to Trader Joes and have 12 new egg's in the bator. They will Hatch ( finger's crossed) on the 24th so I am still in!

I wanted to do trader Joe's eggs. But the one by us didn't have fertile eggs.

Quote:
lau.gif
video please

My TJ egg quit on day 10. It broke my heart. I went back to Trader Joes and have 12 new egg's in the bator. They will Hatch ( finger's crossed) on the 24th so I am still in!
Imso sorry hugsss I hope the TJoes eggs are gonng hatch for you!! what humidity and temp you running at? and fan or no fan?

Quote: awwwwww Enjoy your visit with Grandmother!!

Got 6 fertile duck eggs due to hatch on the 16th!
yay!!!!

3 babies hatched today. 2 BCM's and 1 Olive Egger.
dawwww congrats!!!

2 Silkies are going into lockdown on Thursday
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote: oh TJ I pray you dont loose them!!! but you can send both girls muwahhahhaaaa

@Sally Sunshine I took your advice and turned the humidity down to 40% and the temp up to 100.5. I double checked the temp in both bators with a glass thermometer, and used 2 different hygrometers to measure the humidity. I check the temps as often as I can think to do so, but I'm afraid it's dropping at night in the main, big bator.
sad.png
what eggs are in there again? I just went through several threads and now confused lmao!!
depending on air cells, most of us do not add water or add small containers just to get it to 30-35 the first seven days and then adjust as necessary. sometimes humidity in the air is plenty high and you dont need water until lockdown.
Its not good for night time temp drops, you have that thing surrounded by covers to help stabilizes?
heat sinks?
HEAT SINKS/ Stones/Pebbles ADD THEM TO STYRO! post #43903

I got a pip!!! And some chirping too, i feel like a little kid on Christmas morning!
smile.png
wee.gif

Woke up. No pips. :( Come on little eggie!!!

@Sally Sunshine - If you see this while I'm gone, how long can the baby safely have internally pipped before you want to get them a breathing hole? I don't know exactly when the little guy got into his air sac yesterday, which is why I thought noon would be around 24ish+ hours. I'd rather not mess with him, but I also don't want it to die. Of course, this is my first time with shipped eggs, too, so I don't know if that changes how they hatch, compared to a normal chick with a normal air sac..
if they internally pipped 98% of the time they can get out love.

My last egg hatched the late mal, its a bit sticky but was out running around so in the brooder tis batch is done.... next up minihorses leghorns and misc eggies!!

YAY Kaj!!!!!! sweetness!
The other egg is alive, still, but this baby keeps running over the top of the egg. She's' all bouncing around in there, with this new baby energy.

I'm going to move her to the brooder, later, and give the other egg a couple more days to hatch.

As she's drying, she's sort of turning multi-spotted colored. She looked almost black when she first came out.

Back
Top Bottom