HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Quote: best of luck sweetie!!!!!

My eggs are getting here today!!!!

Everything is set up and ready. I think I even have the incubator in a spot the kid can't get to. (I know she'll test me on that statment) Now just trying to find the candling accessory I made for my flash light.
yay!!!!! did they come yet?

Quote: I dont care what avy, just so you have one. I keep thinking yer a newbie lol

wee.gif

frow.gif

oh yums!!!! Good CALL!!!!! Do you have a good homemade recipe?
I use a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. It's a favorite here. A bit of food coloring, and it's seasonally festive. Goes well with jams, jellies, or fresh fruits. And you can change up the flavorings however you want.

Quote: oh man, no weekend for you!
oh man
Quote:

Look correct? http://www.bhg.com/recipe/printview/angel-food-cake/

@BantyChooks
Angel Food Cake

Loosen the cooled cake from the pan by sliding a metal spatula between the cake and pan. Constantly pressing the spatula against the pan, draw it around the pan in a continuous, not sawing, motion so you don't cut into the cake.
Better Homes and Gardens

• Makes: 12 servings
  • Prep: 50 mins
  • Cool: 2 hrs
  • Bake: 40 mins 350°F
Ingredients

Directions

1. In a very large mixing bowl allow the egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sift together powdered sugar and flour three times; set aside.
  2. Adjust baking rack to the lowest position in oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add cream of tartar and vanilla to egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add granulated sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
  3. Sift about one-fourth of the flour mixture over beaten egg whites; fold in gently. (If bowl is too full, transfer to a larger bowl.) Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Gently cut through batter to remove any large air pockets.
  4. Bake on the lowest rack for 40 to 45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert cake; cool thoroughly in the inverted pan. Loosen sides of cake from pan; remove cake from pan.
From the Test Kitchen

Chocolate Angel Food Cake:

Prepare as above, except sift 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder with the flour mixture.
Honey Angel Food Cake:

Prepare as above, except in Step 2, after beating egg white mixture to soft peaks, gradually pour 1/4 cup honey in a thin stream over the egg white mixture and reduce granulated sugar to 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Angel Food Cake)

• Per serving:
  • 172 kcal cal.,
  • 51 mg sodium,
  • 39 g carb.,
  • 29 g sugar,
  • 4 g pro.
  • Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Picked up my new CCL roo today. He's not perfect but not bad either. He looks like he has some scaly leg mites and had terribly long nails and wasn't happy with me treating him and clipping his nails but he'll get over it. He's in his quarentine pen now.

@Sally Sunshine i hope you feel better soon! If you can stand it, eat some fresh garlic. It'll knock that right out of you! Eating a saltine cracker with the garlic takes away the bite (even my kids will do it lol).

Last edited:
Picked up my new CCL roo today. He's not perfect but not bad either. He looks like he has some scaly leg mites and had terribly long nails and wasn't happy with me treating him and clipping his nails but he'll get over it. He's in his quarentine pen now.

I am so glad you found him!! he has feathers on his legs? how far are you from here? my breeder roo is local yet I think and she just has him freeranging, she may have grow outs from me too.
@Sally Sunshine i hope you feel better soon! If you can stand it, eat some fresh garlic. It'll knock that right out of you! Eating a saltine cracker with the garlic takes away the bite (even my kids will do it lol).
highfive.gif
Thanks Jess, I think we will have garlic pasta tonight. and I will have a few drinks too
lau.gif

I am so glad you found him!!    he has feathers on his legs?  how far are you from here?  my breeder roo is local yet I think and she just has him freeranging, she may have grow outs from me too. 
:highfive:   Thanks Jess, I think we will have garlic pasta tonight.  and I will have a few drinks too :lau

No, he doesn't have feathered legs. It's just the angle that I was holding him. His butt and tail feathers were showing lol. I'm not sure how far from you I am but I'm in the general Altoona/Ebensburg area.

Garlic pasta and some wine sound WONDERFUL tonight. I may have to make something like that...maybe spaghetti squash since I have a ton of it lol

Back
Top Bottom