HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Prize, I came back on to see if you posted some photos!   I am on a desk top..don't have a fancy smart phone like most others..I come on here and there throughout the day.   I may make it back tonight...tomorrow for sure.   Horse photos!  I want to see!  :)

Couldnt get on here to get photos, i might be able ti get one

Howdy! So the hatching part of this adventure, I just set 8 eggs under my broody Australorp, StarFire! Is it OK if they aren't set IN October?
This is StarFire first time, she is a year old or 18 most probably!

welcome! So long as the eggs are in an incubator or under a birdie within the month of October you qualify so StarFire should be just fine can't wait to see fluffy babies

These are the 4 I cleared from the incubator to make way for the hatch along eggs! Too cute!

Congratulations there cuties!

are you going to set some eggs? Can't wait to hear!

Pretty cute all right...what breed? 

Welsh Harlequins from my small group. The one on the left is for sure a boy, the rest are girls I think. Dark breaks are boys, lighter breaks with the dark tips are girls. I threw them in there because a couple of my girls disappeared. Thinking aerial predator of some sort. Very happy with this ratio lol!

Last edited:
welcome! So long as the eggs are in an incubator or under a birdie within the month of October you qualify so StarFire should be just fine can't wait to see fluffy babies
Congratulations there cuties!
are you going to set some eggs? Can't wait to hear!

Totally going to set some eggs probably a mix of eggs from my araucana hen, my light sussex hen, and my two crossbred banty hens...father will be my light sussex rooster (as he's the only roo I have after an unfortunate incident with a dog and my belgian d'uccle boy)

I've always wanted halloween babies, so now's my chance, and this particular batch of eggs should be done with enough time for me to set the incubator up again, so very excited :D

Totally going to set some eggs probably a mix of eggs from my araucana hen, my light sussex hen, and my two crossbred banty hens...father will be my light sussex rooster (as he's the only roo I have after an unfortunate incident with a dog and my belgian d'uccle boy)

I've always wanted halloween babies, so now's my chance, and this particular batch of eggs should be done with enough time for me to set the incubator up again, so very excited :D
thumbsup.gif

Couldnt get on here to get photos, i might be able ti get one

Oh my goodness! They are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I love horses. Like I said, got to ride an Arabian back in the 70's for a while. Sister in law had one. She had a short quick little gallop. Different from riding the Quarter horse that I rode most of the time. :) There is a difference! I know you know. :)

Seeing snow on our mountains now. Took this from our road out front.

The mountain has a cloud blanky. :D Wish I'd had my camera on the way home, could see more of the mountain and the cloud blanket.

I have eggs in lock down right now. Man, the air cells were bad..(shipped) this time. Leghorn's were the worst, also have some Australorp eggs in. Going to have me some new egg layers probably by Feb/March. :) I better get some girls out of these! Only 6 each made it to lock down.

Back
Top Bottom