HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

I just checked my last duckie, which pipped yesterday, and found it like this:

It had its little wing and bill sticking out of the hole it had been making this morning. We took it out of the incubator and peeled back some of the shell. This revealed that the duckling was seriously malpositioned, it's was upside down and its neck was folded back on its self. :(

We helped it out, but it doesn't look too great, shaking a lot and struggling to lift its neck or stand. It's a fighter though, and is chirping and trying to stand.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Charlotte

It had its little wing and bill sticking out of the hole it had been making this morning. We took it out of the incubator and peeled back some of the shell. This revealed that the duckling was seriously malpositioned, it's was upside down and its neck was folded back on its self.
sad.png

We helped it out, but it doesn't look too great, shaking a lot and struggling to lift its neck or stand. It's a fighter though, and is chirping and trying to stand.

Charlotte
The neck is supposed to be double bent.

Joking aside tho.... I do have an addiction to chocolate. I need to stop, or at least cut back....
77a12d15359d2c302332fa17ab65b4d5.jpg

So, I got a new AC rooster and he is gorgeous:

And now I have to decide whether or not to start setting eggs! I wanted to wait until three weeks were up to be sure he was he father but it's ridiculously tempting to just go for it.

And now one of my ducks is laying too. I said I was done for the year, darn it!
Very lovely

SET ALL EGGS!!!!

Well I had some good news. The eggs in my inubator from @TJChickens are safe. A vet said that MS wouldn't transfer from egg to egg or unhatched egg to hatched chick, so I had someone come collect the hatched D'Uccles and the eggs and transport them to a new home and bator away from my place. 7 D'uccles hatched here before they got removed.

Now I have 4 Biele eggs pipped and 2 Ameraucana eggs pipped. ^_^

Yay!!!!
yesss.gif

A little girl Bielefelder hatched!!!! Another is Zipping! Oh yay!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
love.gif
pretty shot!

Two Bielefelder girls!!!
YAY!!!

Q

So far with my Indian Runners, 4 have hatched
wee.gif
and 1 has externally pipped last night. I had to help a malpositioned duckling out, which had externally pipped 48 ago and it's doing really well!

Just wondering, what can cause hatches to be late? Our first duckling hatched on day 29, and we still are getting pips and ducklings on day 31!
high humidity and or low heat
did you calibrate?

Today is lockdown for ten eggs that were complete duds or died early. Darn if I am not actually locking them down.
he.gif
pop.gif

She got back on the nest last night and stayed on them all night! We'll see how today goes, I guess.
I hope I am replying correctly. Trying to figure out how to navigate everything...LOL
yesss.gif

Checked on the eggs to bring half of them in and we have one external pip and peeping!!
celebrate.gif
Yeah!!
wee.gif

8 babies are out!!!!!

wee.gif

Call me crazy (for hatching eggs when the temps are dropping daily outside) but I have 8 eggs in the incubator but they are not due to hatch until Nov 14th..
Hi Crazycall me crazy too!!

It had its little wing and bill sticking out of the hole it had been making this morning. We took it out of the incubator and peeled back some of the shell. This revealed that the duckling was seriously malpositioned, it's was upside down and its neck was folded back on its self.
sad.png

Charlotte
looks like she just needs time.

Back
Top Bottom