Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
Wow!! Congratulations on everyone's chicks. We've had extracurricular happening and I lost a few days on the thread. LOVE seeing everyone's chickies!!! :love :clap

I never did get any eggs set. Thankfully the person I'm setting them for understood. I'm kind of happy I don't have any hatching with everything that's come up. On top of it all...I think I may have blew a disc yesterday. That's how I'm catching up today. I can't stand up straight, or lift anything so I'm trying to ice so I can move a bit. :th

Ooooh its the exciting time on on this thread! All the babies! :love:pop

My cracked egg is still alive last candle, I peeled back the duck tape as much as I could without damaging the egg more. It is clear of the zip line and pip mark so fingers crossed!:fl

The kindergarten teacher was out of town this weekend so I will have to put those eggs on lock down tomorrow morning asap! They were all doing great last time I checked!
BTW what's everyones preferred lockdown temp? I've got a staggered hatch going in uglybator (just one HAL egg in there, the rest are still in week one, lol), so not sure it's gonna change anything there, but I'm curious!
I see others drop the temp down a bit. I haven't in the past when I stagger hatch. I may have done it for my last hatch but I can't remember the outcome...lol.
Looks like plenty of room to zip, as long as it doesn't pip right into the tape. Hopefully you will see it if that happens and may just have to assist a little. :fl
I'd try trimming the tape close to the egg and probably do as WVduckchick has suggested. In the past if I had an egg that is cracked/more exposed/experienced more water loss...I put it in a small container with a damp paper towel and a sandwich baggie loosely over the top to hold higher humidity. I've found that successful...but I also don't have a turner in mine.
I am at a complete loss. I can't figure out why.
I set my eggs on the 10th of October. Exactly at 12:02 am with hopes of an early hatch on October 31.
Today is the 29th and I have 7 of them running around in the bator. 2 unzipping and 3 external pips.
I am exhausted from all the chores this weekend and now I have I super successful early hatch-o-rama going down... I want to sleep!
:barnie:celebrate:barnie
View attachment 1173649
You're just all ahead of yourself Connie!!:clap

:eek:
Silly Woman! What where you doing? Lifting?
I hope you recover quickly...:hugs
I've been doing more than I should be and my back hasn't been great. But I was just walking to the house and I stepped hard being in a hurry and I felt "poof!" And that was it. It's a chronic injury I'm managing...I've got a few bulging discs. I can't even lift up my glass bowl now to wash eggs...lol. If I can get this week out of the way...I'll be laid up for a while. hmm.png

I've been doing more than I should be and my back hasn't been great. But I was just walking to the house and I stepped hard being in a hurry and I felt "poof!" And that was it. It's a chronic injury I'm managing...I've got a few bulging discs. I can't even lift up my glass bowl now to wash eggs...lol. If I can get this week out of the way...I'll be laid up for a while.View attachment 1173917
Hope u heal up quickly, feel better

I've been doing more than I should be and my back hasn't been great. But I was just walking to the house and I stepped hard being in a hurry and I felt "poof!" And that was it. It's a chronic injury I'm managing...I've got a few bulging discs. I can't even lift up my glass bowl now to wash eggs...lol. If I can get this week out of the way...I'll be laid up for a while.
:he:tongue:smack:hugs:love
:bowplease get better!

I've been doing more than I should be and my back hasn't been great. But I was just walking to the house and I stepped hard being in a hurry and I felt "poof!" And that was it. It's a chronic injury I'm managing...I've got a few bulging discs. I can't even lift up my glass bowl now to wash eggs...lol. If I can get this week out of the way...I'll be laid up for a while.View attachment 1173917
Take good care of yourself, and heal up. My mother is the same way and will find the need to do things she shouldn’t be doing anymore.
So here I am today with chicks hatching, two 1 year olds, and also watching my mom who has done too much this last week, is injured and sick to boot.

Back
Top Bottom