Hamburg thread!

Pics
I just ordered my first hamburgs ever, they will be here on April 1st!!!! Is it ok if I join this thread?
270c.png

Hello all, I just read on the American heritage breed conserv. website that Hamburgs are known for there long laying careers. Can anyone who knows the breed attest to this? It would be nice to have a breed that I do not have to cull that often. So much effort is put into raising the birds it would be nice if they have a nice long laying career. Thanks

I don't have any (they won't b here until April first) but ik that they are called death layers in their native country, because they lay untill they die of old age. And if you want a long laying career, try buck eyes, Easter eggers, australorps (our hen layed untill she was eight b4 she started to slow down), campines, and fayoumis.

Last edited:
Ok... Soooooo chicken math at work here
big_smile.png
I have SSH and LOVE them... mine are very fiiendly, hardy, good egg layers, beautiful.... of course
wink.png
and out of all of my chickens the ONLY breed that has suffered NO losses from predation
yesss.gif
.so yea... super smart to boot! .... so of course I NEED more of them... and in a new and exciting different color!!! so I am looking for Citron SH...CSH? and would LOVE to see any and all picts of this new and beautiful color!!!
pop.gif
and of course all other colors will be up for consideration!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom