Hamburg thread!

Pics
oh, sure! Most are my project birds, the one with the green back ground is a Chamois Spitzhauben. This is an approved color in Europe for Hamburgs, but they are not here yet. These were an oops, when I lost my Hamburg roo to heat stroke, so they all got bred by my polish roo. They only problem is all my hens are this, and the cocks are white. (sex link thing)

Any thoughts? What should I do next? I was going to cross them back to a Hamburg roo, then pull out the Hamburg looking ones with the right color and line breed back.

What color were the hens that crossed to the polish roo? .... They are beautiful!
clap.gif

Hi all
I am wondering if any one could compare Hamburgs with Anconas. I hear that Hamburgs have a very long laying career, which I am thinking would lead to less need for culling I believe the hamburgs may grow slightly bigger. Can anyone speak to or compare these to breeds?

Thanks

I am looking for citron hamburg hatching eggs from large fowl hamburgs .... I see several for bantam breeds, but not even one listing for standard or LF.... are these true bantam or are they just being called this becuae the hamburgs are a slightly smaller chicken??????

To my knowledge the only Citron Spangled Hamburgs out there are bantams and were developed by Dan Powell. If someone has been working on Citron Spangled LF I would like to see that, but I doubt that they exist.

Back
Top Bottom