Hamburg thread!

Pics
Ice storm, no lights for sixty hours, still eight inches of slush on the ground even though it has been above freezing for two days, and the Hamburgs have given me two or three eggs every day except the one when the breaking limbs in the orchard and the oak grove sounded like artillary fire.

Yesterday they were complaining about a leak in their run cover where the weight of the ice has pulled a seam apart; I didn't fasten their door correctly when I went to look for tools, and Elvis and Suzzy both got out. I yellwe" get back where you belong" and Suzzy, who is a bit of a break-out artist and has had this conversation before,went right back in; Elvis was right behind me and I leaned over, grabbed him by the saddle-feathers and then got him by the shoulders; He griped a little but didn't struggle.

I am not young, fast, nor agile, and my SSHes are not particularly flighty!

I am obsessed with the silver spangled hamburg!!!

I plan to order three hens from Meyer Hatchery in the near future. I will try to post pics of their development, but first things first: I have to convince my parents to let me get more chickens
tongue.png

GOOOO HAMBURGS!!!! LOL XD
yippiechickie.gif

Here is my little bantam SH.. I am new to this breed, any thoughts about her? Quality? She is from a breeder in New England, not a hatchery. Thanks for any feedback!

So, long time no post, sorry.

On the other hand:

Six slick chicks, hatched Friday/Saturday May 11/12 2012 under the Australorp looming to the right. At least one egg of each of the three hens hatched.

I have two silver penciled hamburgs that one of my broodies hatched. I have never had them as chicks and was wondering if they can be sexed at an early age since the hens/roosters have different feather patterns. They are currently 4 weeks old and have hen feathering. Thanks.

I have two silver penciled hamburgs that one of my broodies hatched.  I have never had them as chicks and was wondering if they can be sexed at an early age since the hens/roosters have different feather patterns.  They are currently 4 weeks old and have hen feathering.  Thanks.

I got my rooster from a BYC member who posted a photo when he was just over three weeks old and already showing a bright red comb; the hens don't have much comb development until right before they reach point of lay.

For any of those interested i just opened an auction for Tolbunt Polish chicks and put a few Citron Spangled Hamburgs that i hatched in the auction also! Slainte' Ruth

Back
Top Bottom