Hands on hatching and help

If you don't think you can't cull that way I was giving great advice on here when I had to cull. Basically you get a sealed tub or jar and then get a small cup put a few spoonfuls of baking soda in and a few spoonfuls of vinegar until it starts to froth up. Quickly pop the chick in there and seal tight. The froth gives off gases which will make the chick unconscious in a matter of seconds and then it will pass away. I put a towel over it as I didn't want to watch it die but I found that better for myself. Hope this helps
That’s horrifying!!! Not the humane way at all..

I'm using a hova Bator I had two chicks hatch yesterday and I have 5 eggs with chicks in them the air cell has gotten much bigger im concerned that with the humidity drop while I was at work will make it so they can't hatch. It's been over 24 hrs since the other two hatched. Would you wait or do something

I'm using a hova Bator I had two chicks hatch yesterday and I have 5 eggs with chicks in them the air cell has gotten much bigger im concerned that with the humidity drop while I was at work will make it so they can't hatch. It's been over 24 hrs since the other two hatched. Would you wait or do something
They don’t all hatch at the exact same time.
Big air cells usually mean internal pip or close to it
Drop in humidity for a day shouldn’t hurt them as they aren’t external yet
Did you candle to see if babies are moving and if they have internal pips yet

They don’t all hatch at the exact same time.
Big air cells usually mean internal pip or close to it
Drop in humidity for a day shouldn’t hurt them as they aren’t external yet
Did you candle to see if babies are moving and if they have internal pips yet
Still moving not sure about the internal pip do you have a good picture so I know what to look for? This is my first chick hatch have done contrix quail in the past but the egg was so small I didn't candle

Attachments

• IMG_20230327_221343.jpg
    IMG_20230327_221343.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 3
Ok it hatched but too early
Last picture I have in my hand in warm water this is 7 he's after "hatch"

Attachments

• IMG_20230328_153730.jpg
    IMG_20230328_153730.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230328_153759.jpg
    IMG_20230328_153759.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230328_155115.jpg
    IMG_20230328_155115.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 3
Ok it hatched but too early
Last picture I have in my hand in warm water this is 7 he's after "hatch"
You assisted too fast too soon
Can't tell from the pictures, were you trying to wash him with water? All this will do is introduce bacteria to the naval and risk chilling him

Leave him in the incubator in a cup lined with dry paper towels. Hopefully he is able to make it once rested. You need to prevent him from standing because his umbilical cord is still attached to the membrane and if he tries to walk and step in it, he could damage his naval. Keep him in a cup until that umbilical cord dries out. Don't let him step on it

Back
Top Bottom