Hands on hatching and help

Goslings
wink.png
No really, I think they're even cuter.

In other news, the silkie eggs seller bot back to me and said that he sells for his uncle in Alabama. That's nice and all, but maybe include that in the ad or something? Ugh.
See, now I think that's shady. He should be disclosing that in his ad.

Well, its time to crank up the humidity! And I'm not talking about the weather!
big_smile.png
it's more than plenty humid outside, but its time to crank it up in the bator this afternoon! I think I may have one quitter, and a couple that I'm afraid are gonna be sticky, but after all my broody hatches, I'm excited to see some in the bator again.
yippiechickie.gif

Good luck!!!

So I have a duck egg in my bator along with a bunch of other eggs that I took from my girls because they weren't doing a very good job. anyways I've never made it this far without losing my eggs because my bator used to read incorrectly and over heat.. But I got new parts and it has been great. Anyways one of my eggs internally pipped two days ago and I tapped on the shell and the duckling was moving but I noticed I never heard any peeping. Anyways it's two days later and there's still no external pip but the duckling is still moving and it sounds like it's trying to get out, but I still don't hear any peeping just movement. I've never done this what do I do? I don't want to cause any harm to it but I'm getting worried.

[COLOR=333333]So I have a duck egg in my bator along with a bunch of other eggs that I took from my girls because they weren't doing a very good job. anyways I've never made it this far without losing my eggs because my bator used to read incorrectly and over heat.. But I got new parts and it has been great. Anyways one of my eggs internally pipped two days ago and I tapped on the shell and the duckling was moving but I noticed I never heard any peeping. Anyways it's two days later and there's still no external pip but the duckling is still moving and it sounds like it's trying to get out, but I still don't hear any peeping just movement. I've never done this what do I do? I don't want to cause any harm to it but I'm getting worried.[/COLOR]

@RavynFallen can you help?

Amy, when I get home in like half an hour I'll take a picture of guinea eggs next to chicken eggs for you so you can tell the difference when you set :)

[COLOR=333333]So I have a duck egg in my bator along with a bunch of other eggs that I took from my girls because they weren't doing a very good job. anyways I've never made it this far without losing my eggs because my bator used to read incorrectly and over heat.. But I got new parts and it has been great. Anyways one of my eggs internally pipped two days ago and I tapped on the shell and the duckling was moving but I noticed I never heard any peeping. Anyways it's two days later and there's still no external pip but the duckling is still moving and it sounds like it's trying to get out, but I still don't hear any peeping just movement. I've never done this what do I do? I don't want to cause any harm to it but I'm getting worried.[/COLOR]

I would do a safety hole to be safe - can someone dig up my explanation post from back when I helped Jennifer and post it? I'm on mobile right now and I can't.

I would do a safety hole to be safe - can someone dig up my explanation post from back when I helped Jennifer and post it? I'm on mobile right now and I can't.

Ok. How do I do that? I'm a newbie to all of this. In fact my ducks just turned one year old and I've only started incubating eggs a few months ago.

Take a sharp small drill bit or screw and use it to make a small hole in the shell in the air cell. Candle before doing it to make sure you're in the air cell. I do mine at the top of the air cell - more room for error and you won't hit a vein. I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could post the waterfowl hatching guide that has a really good explanation and pictures, but it's a sticky in the Geese section if you want to check it out.

Last edited:
Take a sharp small drill bit or screw and use it to make a small hole in the shell in the air cell. Candle before doing it to make sure you're in the air cell. I do mine at the top of the air cell - more room for error and you won't hit a vein. I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could post the waterfowl hatching guide that has a really good explanation and pictures, but it's a sticky in the Geese section if you want to check it out.

Ok thanks.

Is this the one you want?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Back
Top Bottom