So sorry!
hugs.gif

Now I'm up to 11 out and seven more to go. Yes, they are ridiculously cute
love.gif

And my gosling has internally pipped as well
big_smile.png
Congrats!!!!
big_smile.png

So I have another question! Right now I am incubating at 50-55% humidity to keep my air cells growing slowly. When it comes time for lockdown and hatching...do I need to up the humidity more than 50-55% at that time? Right now I have all water trays filled to keep the humidity up, so....if I do need to raise humidity, how will I do that? Not due to hatch for 10 more days, but I am a planner..LOL! Thanks!

So I have another question! Right now I am incubating at 50-55% humidity to keep my air cells growing slowly. When it comes time for lockdown and hatching...do I need to up the humidity more than 50-55% at that time? Right now I have all water trays filled to keep the humidity up, so....if I do need to raise humidity, how will I do that? Not due to hatch for 10 more days, but I am a planner..LOL! Thanks!
If you need to raise humidity and the water pans are full you can add damp sponges. I am not saying you should just how you can. Where I live in Florida they can hatch out with 55% ok.

If you need to raise humidity and the water pans are full you can add damp sponges. I am not saying you should just how you can. Where I live in Florida they can hatch out with 55% ok.
Thanks! I'm not sure either! I just know living at a higher altitude, keeping my humidity up is working in keeping my air cells under control. Last year at this time...they were as big or bigger than they would be at day 18...so my hatch did not go well
sad.png

So here are the early birds lol
2 Narrangansett babies
Congrats on the early birds!!! Some babies just can't wait to hatch day...LOL!!!

Last edited:

In your case yes get it up to 65 % or higher . I wait till I have pips to raise the humidity . When they start to zip the humidity will rise . Don't over do it and fog the viewing windows . And you might think about stopping turning and locking down a day or two early. IT gives the hatchling a little more time to get in position . If incubation has been perfect it might not be necessary. Know anybody who hasn't had some little hiccup in incubation ?

In your case yes get it up to 65 % or higher . I wait till I have pips to raise the humidity . When they start to zip the humidity will rise . Don't over do it and fog the viewing windows . And you might think about stopping turning and locking down a day or two early. IT gives the hatchling a little more time to get in position . If incubation has been perfect it might not be necessary. Know anybody who hasn't had some little hiccup in incubation ?

Thanks! So stop turning day 17 or 18 then? I am pretty sure I have NOT achieved perfect incubation..LOL!!
big_smile.png

Thanks! So stop turning day 17 or 18 then? I am pretty sure I have NOT achieved perfect incubation..LOL!!
big_smile.png
I stop on 16 or 17 my cabinets hatch on day 20 and sometimes 19 . 17 for you would be good your air cells seem to be on track with the higher humidity . put a x at the low point of the air cell it makes it easier at lock down to keep it up .

I stop on 16 or 17 my cabinets hatch on day 20 and sometimes 19 . 17 for you would be good your air cells seem to be on track with the higher humidity . put a x at the low point of the air cell it makes it easier at lock down to keep it up .

Will do! On one of my eggs today, I noticed it had a REALLY wonky air cell.....all along the side of the egg and BIG
hmm.png
It is developing and I could see movement, but will that one make it to hatch or quit before?

Will do! On one of my eggs today, I noticed it had a REALLY wonky air cell.....all along the side of the egg and BIG
hmm.png
It is developing and I could see movement, but will that one make it to hatch or quit before?
Dunno if it will or not, how do you have the egg placed in the bator, large end up or on side?
If it were me I would stabilize that one and put it large end up in a carton or something, and cross my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom