Hands on hatching and help

How can you tell he is a gander so young? He sure is a cutie!
1f60a.png
I'm sure he will make a great addition to someones flock if you don't keep him..

I can vent sex them :) I already have a few people wanting geese from me so he'll have a good home for sure.

I have one button quail egg which has a very big aircell to be honest I was shocked to see movement it must be squished!! It's pretty much half the egg and for people who know how tiny these eggs are it's quite shocking to see. I hope it'll be ok
1f615.png

Congrats to all hatchers and sorry for any losses. I was a few pages behind as I spent the entire morning in the ER with dad after he fell so I skimmed through the posts instead of quoting.

I decided to do one more silkie hatch to see if fertility and viability has come up. I figured I'd do 2 dozen and sell what hatches. My broodies finally gave up so I've been getting between 3-6 eggs a day. I'm three short of my two dozen, so tomorrow I should complete it. Thinking of setting late tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Congrats to all hatchers and sorry for any losses. I was a few pages behind as I spent the entire morning in the ER with dad after he fell so I skimmed through the posts instead of quoting.

I decided to do one more silkie hatch to see if fertility and viability has come up. I figured I'd do 2 dozen and sell what hatches. My broodies finally gave up so I've been getting between 3-6 eggs a day. I'm three short of my two dozen, so tomorrow I should complete it. Thinking of setting late tomorrow night.
Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is ok?

Hope your dad is ok
1f618.png

I've just checked on my quail eggs quickly and one has a crack? Not like a pip but more like it's been dropped but I'm the only one here!! Luckily it's by the aircell and the membrane is fine but I really can't figure out how this has happened
1f633.png
the door is shut so none of the cats can get in there. Only thing I can think of is it's my incubator as I've heard bad things about it. I have the janoel Chinese 48 egg incubator!

So today is day 18 and I have a broody in my layer group.... (no fertile eggs in that pen) so I am planning on taking my 12 ayam eggs that are due to hatch soon and place them underneath her....lol. she can hatch them out for me. So we shall see!!

I've just checked on my quail eggs quickly and one has a crack? Not like a pip but more like it's been dropped but I'm the only one here!! Luckily it's by the aircell and the membrane is fine but I really can't figure out how this has happened
1f633.png
the door is shut so none of the cats can get in there. Only thing I can think of is it's my incubator as I've heard bad things about it. I have the janoel Chinese 48 egg incubator!

More then likely that egg is bad. I've had them crack before they explode. Id candle it and if no sign of life remove it before it blows up..

Back
Top Bottom