Has anbody here tried one of the Sunny Side Up Incubators for 6 eggs?

I went on eBay and asked the seller "What means is used to regulate the temperature in this incubator?"

The response. "Hello, it is explained in the instructions if purchased. Thank You"

So its a question that costs $21 to answer. On the plus side they do have a 7 day money back return policy and they pay the shipping.

Yeah, that sounds a bit fishy. I am willing to bet it has no means of a thermostat. It probably has vents to regulate temperature though. It holds more eggs than the chick bator. It doesn't look as cool as the chick bator (alien spaceship design). It also doesn't have a water reservoir for humidity means. I would buy it for a little kid, but I would rather build one for 20 bucks.

This is from a description of the product on Coopsnmore.

Notice the success rate of 50 to 75 percent IF all instructions on monitoring are followed.

Overview

The Sunny Side Up Incubator TM has a clear viewing top lid, white poly base unit, 6 foot long extension cord with on/off switch, heat reflector wire egg cushioned base, 110-volt heat source bulb assembly, thermometer, humidity sponge, and Instructions with guidebook. Use to hatch fertile eggs that you can obtain locally or over the internet. Power Converter is needed for international buyers.
Incubator Capacity. Aprox. 6 chicken eggs, 8 pheasant eggs, 3 turkey, duck, or goose eggs, 16 quail eggs. Operates on 110 volt electricity. 8.25" Long x 6" Wide x 3" High. Great for classroom projects. (Eggs Not Included)

This incubator requires egg turning 2 to 3 times a day, temperature and humidity monitoring and adjustment. Adult supervision is always recommended to ensure that hatching instructions are followed carefully. The successful hatching rate is typically between 50 to 75% when instructions are followed. Due to many variables beyond our control at CoopsNMore, successful hatching is never guaranteed due to human errors. Also understand this is a small basic starter unit and cannot be used for commercial hatching use. Power cord and humidity sponge color will vary.

$1.00 shipping on this item is to the USA only.

Thanks for all the input
wink.png
I think I will just buy a bator at TSC.

Thanks for all the input
wink.png
I think I will just buy a bator at TSC.

I know that the TSC Little Giant incubator is like $40-$50 but I really don't recommend it. I do recommend getting a Hovabator either online, or over craigslist. I have had 3 of these incubators due to not having any other options, and I do regret it. I think that you should atleast try something else besides the Little Giant incubator.

The reviews I saw on the Little Giant looked Ok but, I appriciate your input. I keep checking craigslist but, have only seen one bator for sale - a almost new Little Giant. I assume they didn't like it eighter.

I bought two of them and all I have is 5 dead chicks and very disappointed kids. I have a very nice incubator and I bought the sunny side up one to pass out to my friends so their kids could watch the chicks hatch. I had the chicks in my nice incubator for 19 days. I candled the chicks 2 days before they were to hatch and they were fine. I regulated the sunny side up incubator according to the instructions, and gave them to my friends along with 3 chicks each. Only one hatched the rest died. Also the one that did hatch kept burning himself on the cage that surrounds the light. Horrible horrible incubators, do not buy!!!!

Back
Top Bottom