Hatch Grocery store eggs (Happy Egg Heritage brand)

Kool-Kemp

Chirping
Dec 9, 2022
North Texas
I just bought a brand new NR360 incubator, and will do an experiment hatching pasture eggs from grocery store. I got 2 dozens of Happy Egg Heritage brand, they have beautiful color eggs.
Will candle first to make sure there are no cracks and things like that then will set them tomorrow.

Attachments

• 88D5A95E-A44C-434B-AEC0-1187DF71801E.jpeg
    88D5A95E-A44C-434B-AEC0-1187DF71801E.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 7AF3D608-AF70-498C-BF7D-2599BC9834CA.jpeg
    7AF3D608-AF70-498C-BF7D-2599BC9834CA.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Not sure your pasture eggs are fertile. I know that Trader Joe's, a grocery chain does sell fertile eggs in some locations. My understanding is,,,, the fertile eggs are marked as such.
Wishing your pasture eggs are fertile :yesss:

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
I have no idea, I looked online at multiple stores and didn’t see the marking on any of pasture eggs. So, I just got this because some BYC people posted on here they did hatch out some. I heard about TJ eggs but they are all brown (I’m looking for white and other colors eggs)

I have no idea if those eggs are hatchable. Many people that sell eggs don't go to the extra expense to keep roosters with their flock and the eggs may not have been stored and handled in a way that they can be hatched. Nothing wrong with trying but I'd not get my hopes up.

Here's hoping you do have success but if you don't there are a few things you can try. Go to the Buy, Sell, Trade section of this forum and post an ad. Put your location in the title to help attract your neighbors. You can get shipped eggs but you often get better hatch rates if you can pick them up yourself.

If you can find an active Texas thread in the "Where am I? Where are you!" section of this forum chat with your neighbors. You never know who may be able to help.

You can try chatting with your county extension office. There is a real good chance someone there helps with the chicken show at your county fair, is involved with FFA, or just knows local farmer that can help.

Chat with people at your feed store, especially a manager. They might happen to know someone with eggs but they probably have a bulletin board where you can post a notice.

I think any of these give you a better chance of getting hatchable eggs than eggs from a store unless they are marked fertile.

I have no idea if those eggs are hatchable. Many people that sell eggs don't go to the extra expense to keep roosters with their flock and the eggs may not have been stored and handled in a way that they can be hatched. Nothing wrong with trying but I'd not get my hopes up.

Here's hoping you do have success but if you don't there are a few things you can try. Go to the Buy, Sell, Trade section of this forum and post an ad. Put your location in the title to help attract your neighbors. You can get shipped eggs but you often get better hatch rates if you can pick them up yourself.

If you can find an active Texas thread in the "Where am I? Where are you!" section of this forum chat with your neighbors. You never know who may be able to help.

You can try chatting with your county extension office. There is a real good chance someone there helps with the chicken show at your county fair, is involved with FFA, or just knows local farmer that can help.

Chat with people at your feed store, especially a manager. They might happen to know someone with eggs but they probably have a bulletin board where you can post a notice.

I think any of these give you a better chance of getting hatchable eggs than eggs from a store unless they are marked fertile.
I just want to do this specific experiment on store eggs. I’m not particularly looking for eggs from those other sources.

No indication on the carton that the eggs are fertile which by law they must. Before you waste a dozen eggs, crack one open and check. Commercial egg businesses have no financial incentive to keep roosters in the flock. They are just a non productive money pit. Beautiful assortment.
It’s ok. I candled them in a few days and will hard boil and cook/eat them if nothing develops. Nothing gets wasted! 😁

Back
Top Bottom