Hatcheries

misbhaven, so sorry to hear of your DOA's. My post office has told me it is a law that they call you as soon as they arrive. I ordered from Ideal after down sizing my order from 18 to 12 I received 21. (I now know what 'warmer' chicks means.) I lost 3 within a day and a 4th died just today. They are 3 weeks old. I have no idea what happened today. I previously ordered ducks from Ideal with one DOA. All ducks flourishing very well. I'm happy with Ideal but dieing to know if the warmer chicks are boys or girls and what breed they might be. I wish you luck on your next purchase.
packing peanuts or extra chicks they add for warmth are roo's and breed depends on what they have i suppose...last august i got 10 barred rock roos as packing peanuts but i seen people on here who have ordered from ideal this year so far have gotten white leghorn roos but that might change at any time

Will they tell you what the extra packing peanuts are? I have a shippment coming and I know I will be getting extras.
they didn't tell me what mine were i had to find out myself so they might not tell you either...but i guess you could call/email them and ask

packing peanuts or extra chicks they add for warmth are roo's and breed depends on what they have i suppose...last august i got 10 barred rock roos as packing peanuts but i seen people on here who have ordered from ideal this year so far have gotten white leghorn roos but that might change at any time

I'm hoping they aren't all roos... They are all white though. I wouldn't mind a Barred roo or two so I could watch and compare them with the girls I got.

Will they tell you what the extra packing peanuts are? I have a shippment coming and I know I will be getting extras.

I didn't bother asking. I'm just gonna ride it out and hope for the best:) Sorry to read about your DOA's. How did the 3 in the clinic do?

They didnt make it either, lots of chicks in one small box. As one person said in another post, I thank the ones that died for the heat that allowed the other to survive.

I am hoping the replacemnet order comes in with good results. The weather is a bit better here in Florida

They didnt make it either, lots of chicks in one small box. As one person said in another post, I thank the ones that died for the heat that allowed the other to survive.

I am hoping the replacemnet order comes in with good results. The weather is a bit better here in Florida

O so sorry.

At what age did you find out? Did they all turn out to be roos?
i had them less then a week i just went and looked at pics and found out that way...i could email the lady i sold them to and ask if they were all roos...but on the bottom of the invoice in red ink it said males added for warmth

Back
Top Bottom