Hatcheries

i had them less then a week i just went and looked at pics and found out that way...i could email the lady i sold them to and ask if they were all roos...but on the bottom of the invoice in red ink it said males added for warmth

O gees, I didn't even think to check the invoice
smile.png
Thank you.

I didn't complain about them calling. ..I knew someone would but when they call it was 7pm from a town at least 90 minutes from my house . the man on the phone wanted to know if I could be right there I told him no he asked what time. I told him I would call him right back he told me to call the number he called from . He also said they would be delivered to my local office first thing .I called back and called back nobody picked up I tried for 2 hours I called every other number I could find for hours my husband tried. I called the usps 1800 help number was on hold for over 30 they close before picking up.. I ended up with dead chicks in the morning the driver put them in the back of the truck which they don't do no matter what time of year because it is either too cold or to hot.. my local lady saw them get taken out of the back.. another lady managed to pick hers up but hers only had 2 alive she pm'd me on here when she realized we were expecting chicks the same day from the same place.. it was a shipping issue ideal even told me fri afternoon the chicks probably wouldn't make it..still a sad thing a box full of cold chicks. I chose not to reorder as the chicks would pass through the same hands and not fair to the chicks. I ordered some from meyer instead they are closer and should be here much quicker via a different shipping route. I have a big order coming later but it doesn't change. 3 of my 5 kids asking where the chicks are they seen the brooder set up light on etc food in the feeder. So I got them some by chance the same kinds were availble as overhatch. I don't blame ideal but I did notice nowhere on the box did it say live anaimals just on the invoice . If the chicks were weak or sleeping th postal worker may not have noticed

Last edited:
I received my replacement chicks today, they all survived and seem to be doing well. Ideal hatchery was great. They shipped everything fast and their customer service is great. Thanks ideal.

I received my replacement chicks today, they all survived and seem to be doing well. Ideal hatchery was great. They shipped everything fast and their customer service is great. Thanks ideal.

Happy to hear the good news
smile.png

I don't think so..your chicks just come in with their weekly shipment..I am guessing I know that is how Farm and Fleet does it..call your local TSC and ask

I don't know from personal xp but I've heard good things about cackle and not many good things about mcmurray
Anyone had any experience with Cackle Hatchery? Do they have good, healthy chicks?
And I saw one post approving of McMurray. Anyone else have any experience with them?

Anyone had any experience with Cackle Hatchery? Do they have good, healthy chicks?
And I saw one post approving of McMurray. Anyone else have any experience with them?

We received an order from McMurray last weekend. Chicks shipped out March 29th and arrived on the 30th. All 30+ were alive and active when we picked them up from the sort facility. We lost one chick on Tuesday (April 1st) - she was small (due to her breed) and got squashed by the other chicks. McMurray credited us the cost of the chick and her vaccination. Overall we are very pleased and look forward to ordering more chicks from them next year.

I ordered from cackle and received it feb 24th..my bantams are feathering nicely, the barred cochins look great..however my LF SLW are not having good patterns at all...they were all alive when I got them except 2 bantams and they were extra's ...no deformaties etc no cross beak,splayed legs etc. All the hatcheries strive for healthy birds some breeds are closer to looking like the pictures than others.

Back
Top Bottom