Hatching chickens on last days

beginnerHatcher

Hatching
Feb 22, 2016
Hi im new to this website and to hatching chickens. I recently bought eggs and started incubating.
I have done everything right so far and candled some and found growing chickens! The one question i have is what should the temperature be in celsius? Right now i have it at 36.8-37.5. The humidity i presume is correct 70-80%. But does anyone know the temperature it should be in CELSIUS during days 18 and up?

Hi im new to this website and to hatching chickens. I recently bought eggs and started incubating.
I have done everything right so far and candled some and found growing chickens! The one question i have is what should the temperature be in celsius? Right now i have it at 36.8-37.5. The humidity i presume is correct 70-80%. But does anyone know the temperature it should be in CELSIUS during days 18 and up?
If you have a forced air incubator then, 37.5C is correct. If you have a still air incuator the temps should be 38.3-38.9C taken near the tops of the eggs. 70% + is good humidity for LOCKDOWN and HATCHING.

You do not need to adjust the temps for lockdown and hatch. Some people do lower it a degree (F) for hatch, but it's not a neccessity.

Ok thank you I'm just new so I wanted to make sure none of them were at risk also I just saw that one egg somehow has a tiny puddle underneath it is that ok?

It meaning the incubator
Yes, but you're talking to someone who doesn't believe in hands off.
wink.png
I keep my humidity up and open often during hatch.

Back
Top Bottom