Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Bouncer is in lock down....today is day 25, temp is 99.5 and humidity 63%.....The duckling now has a job ahead of him...Fingers crossed he is a success and hatches out strong and healthy.....I can hardly believe we are close to the finish line......

I also thought I heard a peep under my broody Hen yesterday?.?..I have not checked yet....

Thanks everyone!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Bouncer is in lock down....today is day 25, temp is 99.5 and humidity 63%.....The duckling now has a job ahead of him...Fingers crossed he is a success and hatches out strong and healthy.....I can hardly believe we are close to the finish line......

I also thought I heard a peep under my broody Hen yesterday?.?..I have not checked yet....

Thanks everyone!

Cheers!
fl.gif
Peeps everywhere. Yay!! Can't wait to see lil bouncer too!!!

Thanks everyone!

Cheers!

:fl Peeps everywhere. Yay!!  Can't wait to see lil bouncer too!!!

Yes, busy day today....I will be setting up a pen now for the Hen to raise the chicks...Not sure if the Duck eggs are hatch able ?.....I hate to bother her while she is doing such a great job setting...This move will be enough for her today.....I will continue to update as things progress...I do not have to move her off the nest at all, just lift her crate, put down shavings and wrap cardboard around the dog playpen.....Sounds simple..lol

Cheers!

Yes, busy day today....I will be setting up a pen now for the Hen to raise the chicks...Not sure if the Duck eggs are hatch able ?.....I hate to bother her while she is doing such a great job setting...This move will be enough for her today.....I will continue to update as things progress...I do not have to move her off the nest at all, just lift her crate, put down shavings and wrap cardboard around the dog playpen.....Sounds simple..lol

Cheers!
Hope it all goes as smooth as it sounds.. and you get to see some babies..

I should start a Thread on all the things NOT to do when incubating and hatching eggs....I am a pro at that!...lol

The next time around I will be well informed on the right things to do.....

I will update as soon as I have new info.

Cheers!

I should start a Thread on all the things NOT to do when incubating and hatching eggs....I am a pro at that!...lol

The next time around I will be well informed on the right things to do.....

I will update as soon as I have new info.

Cheers!

We all start somewhere! Its a learning process, trial and error (sadly) And that's usually how many of us end up here on BYC! Its what happened to me.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom