Hatching eggs please help!!

Chicken Egg 17

Songster
Dec 11, 2015
McVeytown PA
Hello this is my second time hatching eggs and I just stuck some eggs in the incubator 3 days ago I have every thing set right on the incubator and this is day three of incubation and I don't see anything forming yet and I was wondering is this normal not to see anything yet I just checked fertility rates this morning and the eggs were fertile so what am I doing wrong here is a pic of my incubator if this helps

If you have eggs already incubating and then you add more eggs 3 days later, those late ones will hatch 3 days later that the first ones. That's called a staggered hatch since you will have eggs due on 2 different days.

It is easier for beginners to put all the eggs in and start incubation all at once. Then when you up your humidity for lockdown on the early eggs, you don't hurt the later ones.

Hello I have these eggs and would like to know if they are good or bad eggs so I could unplug my incubator cause I don't want it running if there isn't anything forming

What colour are your eggs? I have always been able to see growth clearly in white eggs, and usually some sort of change in darker eggs but it can be difficult, especially if you have green eggs or not a strong enough light. I NEVER through away eggs that look infertile on day three. I always wait till at least day 7!

If you put them in the incubator 3 days ago, they are only on day 2 of incubation and it's unreasonable to judge eggs that early. The best bet is not before day 7 to be certain. I usually start seeing the first signs day 3-4, but I would never give up on an egg let alone a hatch until at least a week. If your temps are off even slightly to the low, it could take a day or two more to see anything.

The temps are steady at 38.0 degrees Celsius and the humidity is at 57 percent
57% is quite high for the first 17 days, especially in a little bator. Has the thermometer ever been checked for accuracy though? That's a big thing that gets many people. Many thermometers/bators, even brand new have thermometers that are off. If a thermometer has not been checked, you never really know how accurate it is. I bought a brand new thermometer that ended up being 6 degrees off.

Back
Top Bottom