Hatching eggs please help!!

Yes I am very happy with it so what do u think I should set the humidity as that's not even as high as the paper said that it came with I lowered it a bit and no it has not been checked I haven't thought about doing that
I prefer low humidity incubation, but humidity is really a case of finding what works for you, your methods, your eggs and your bators. I do know people who use the low humidity methods in the plastic bators such as the janoel and it's knock offs very successfully. The only time I don't recommend it is high altitude hatchers and cabinet bators. It's easy to tell if your humidity is working for your eggs by monitoring the air cells. Here's some more info if you are interested: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity I have awesome results with this method. You can judge whether you need to higher or lower your humidity and not depend on someone else's "magic number".

Any time you want, but the air cells aren't that comparable until 7 days. The first week they are pretty small regardless.
smile.png

O ok thanks I just lowered it though just to make sure even though that's what the incubator instructions says but if u say that u think it's to high thanks though I will candle tonight and u can see what u think thanks

I have two of those incubators. I am by no means an expert, I have only done a few hatches (one current) and have not had amazing hatch rates. Having said that, I am confident that humidity has not been a problem for me and I have not followed the numbers in the leaflet. I have found that humidity is either low (under twenty) siting around 25 or over 65, if it is around 25, I leave it be, under 20 and I add a little bit of water, I monitor the aircell size and start to increase the humidity towards lockdown as the aircells are getting larger. The humidity figures in the leaflet seem to be counter to all other opinions I have encountered.

Back
Top Bottom