How do you hatch?

• in egg cartons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • lay the eggs on their side

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
Thanks on the pics guys :highfive:
That bottom pic is my fav one :love

Good luck with your hatch @Ren2014 hope you will let us all know what you decide on and how your hatch goes.

Thanks on the pics guys
highfive.gif

That bottom pic is my fav one
love.gif

Good luck with your hatch @Ren2014 hope you will let us all know what you decide on and how your hatch goes.
My favorite will always be the one where they segregted themselves by color. I just think it's so cute and funny how they grouped.

My favorite will always be the one where they segregted themselves by color. I just think it's so cute and funny how they grouped.

Weird isn't it!! But it's right and I've found the older ones of the same colour also gang up with each other. I have 2 WCB hens in one my pens and they are inseparable and do everything together. When I let them into the garden they don't stay with the flock they dash off together to get up to their own mischief!!
The buff ones I had were the same too. From my last batch of chicks I had a couple of black frizzles and they were together but when a lady came and bought some she only wanted one of the black ones as she wanted different colours. The other that was left bawked it's head off because her sister had gone even though she was still with others and not on her own. I'm sure they have a real bond with those of the same colour.

My 3 pioneer daughters are almost always found together. They're a soft shade of red, with gold highlights and black streaks in their hackles. Real pretty gals, in spite of the fact that red is my least favorite color of chicken.

Weird isn't it!! But it's right and I've found the older ones of the same colour also gang up with each other. I have 2 WCB hens in one my pens and they are inseparable and do everything together. When I let them into the garden they don't stay with the flock they dash off together to get up to their own mischief!!
The buff ones I had were the same too. From my last batch of chicks I had a couple of black frizzles and they were together but when a lady came and bought some she only wanted one of the black ones as she wanted different colours. The other that was left bawked it's head off because her sister had gone even though she was still with others and not on her own. I'm sure they have a real bond with those of the same colour.

OMG, I thought @Yorkshire coop had grouped them. This is really fascinating. I've got Lavenders and Jubilees in this batch so I can't wait to see what happens.

My 3 pioneer daughters are almost always found together. They're a soft shade of red, with gold highlights and black streaks in their hackles. Real pretty gals, in spite of the fact that red is my least favorite color of chicken.

My Barred Rocks hang out together but the EEs and the Brown Leghorns seem to be indifferent to each other.

The first t ime I saw the pic (forever ago...lol), I had to ask her...that's the only reason I know....lol

lol, I don't feel so bad now. I'm going to do 50/50 (cartons/side) at hatch time so I can report results back. Now I will watch and report back if we have segregation or not, lol

Back
Top Bottom