Hatching incubated eggs in cartons?

How do you hatch?

• in egg cartons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • lay the eggs on their side

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
Candled day 7 today. Looks like all of the JO's are clear, a few LO's are clear and a lot are questionable to me. There goes the segregation experiment. I'm not going to count anything out until day 15. Definitely 6 LO's developing
celebrate.gif

Someone PLEASE help me!! I have 2 fertile eggs from a farm because the farm was going to throw them away, I think they are alive but it's day 4 or 5 now, when i got them I had no idea how old they are. Now I still have no idea how old Theo are, I have a 60 lumends torch so I torched them but somehow the eggs start to go black in the middle and the end, the vanes of the egg are not very red, I don't THINK I can see movement, but I if they were dead, they don't stink, so I don't know what to do! if someone can help me that would be excellent! By the way this is the first time iv ever incubated eggs. (my email is [email protected]) please can you help me! I will reply on Gmail because im new to this website!

Someone PLEASE help me!! I have 2 fertile eggs from a farm because the farm was going to throw them away, I think they are alive but it's day 4 or 5 now, when i got them I had no idea how old they are. Now I still have no idea how old Theo are, I have a 60 lumends torch so I torched them but somehow the eggs start to go black in the middle and the end, the vanes of the egg are not very red, I don't THINK I can see movement, but I if they were dead, they don't stink, so I don't know what to do! if someone can help me that would be excellent! By the way this is the first time iv ever incubated eggs. (my email is [email protected]) please can you help me! I will reply on Gmail because im new to this website!
welcome-byc.gif
check out this great thread on candling https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation It has great pictures and even videos. What type of incubator do you have?

umm.I don't really have an incubator yet.but I am using a big red heat lamp. Iv got a Temperature checker, once the eggs went up to 41, and once to 28,so I HOPE they are alive! I am ordering a 6 or 10 egg incubator, it should arrive in 6 days.

Last edited:
umm.I don't really have an incubator yet.but I am using a big red heat lamp. Iv got a Temperature checker, once the eggs went up to 41, and once to 28,so I HOPE they are alive! I am ordering a 6 or 10 egg incubator, it should arrive in 6 days.

28 is too low and 41 is too high. With out a fan, temp needs to be 38 to 40 C. What are you doing about humidity and turning the eggs? Make sure you read all you can and even search to see if incubating can be done with a red heat lamp. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 Best of luck to you. Be sure to check out the incubating and hatching eggs forum.

28 is too low and 41 is too high.  With out a fan, temp needs to be 38 to 40 C.  What are you doing about humidity and turning the eggs?  Make sure you read all you can and even search to see if incubating can be done with a red heat lamp.  https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101  Best of luck to you.  Be sure to check out the incubating and hatching eggs forum.
[/quote

I have just started yesterday to turn them. Sadly my chick In the white egg died. He had black feathers on. He must have been 15 or 16 days old. I only have 1 silkie egg left. Im counting on this egg.

I have just started yesterday to turn them. Sadly my chick In the white egg died. He had black feathers on. He must have been 15 or 16 days old. I only have 1 silkie egg left. Im counting on this egg.

O no, so sorry to hear he didn't make it
hugs.gif

fl.gif
for the silkie.

Back
Top Bottom