Hatching incubated eggs in cartons?

How do you hatch?

• in egg cartons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • lay the eggs on their side

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
She sure is!!
Putting a small soft toy in can really help with lone chicks, or even a mirror. She can see how pretty she is then!!
I have a mirror in there and a piece of fleece. We don't have children so the only stuffed animals are mine and they are souvenirs like a wolf from Great Wolf Lodge and I sure don't want her thinking wolves are friendly, lol.

Thanks, we're up to 2 out of the shells, even tho one has went back in a few times (something else i'm not liking about hatching in the tray). Daughter is having the time of her life watching.
O wow, yeah I don't think that's a good thing. I bet she is... I sure do and I'm 50, lol

YAAY CHIP HATCHED!! Chip is very healthy! Pip and Chip are BEST friends! Now all I need to do is wait for Jumpstart to hatch. (I named my 3rd egg Jumpstart.)
Here is a picture:

The poll is sure going in the way of laying them on their side. It's been recommended to hatch them in paper egg cartons when the air cells are whacky. I've got some reeealllly bad air cells with this bunch
sad.png

and more reason to lay them down for hatching, this saddle shape could cause them to not be able to turn to pip and be malposition, some mals do pip and get out. in a carton what are their chances if they pip against the carton where you have them setting? any shipped egg that has survived to day 18 for lockdown can be layed horizontal down to hatch... their are plenty of facts to back up what I have written in the article should you research yourself.

Last edited:
YAAY CHIP HATCHED!! Chip is very healthy! Pip and Chip are BEST friends! Now all I need to do is wait for Jumpstart to hatch. (I named my 3rd egg Jumpstart.)

Here is a picture:
celebrate.gif
so happy for you!

and more reason to lay them down for hatching, this saddle shape could cause them to not be able to turn to pip and be malposition, some mals do pip and get out. in a carton what are their chances if they pip against the carton where you have them setting? any shipped egg that has survived to day 18 for lockdown can be layed horizontal down to hatch... their are plenty of facts to back up what I have written in the article should you research yourself.

OMG, I sure thought I had read all of your stuff. I'm so glad you posted this and even happier that I didn't go with the cartons. Unfortunately still just one hatched, 1 DIS and nothing from the other 8. Day TWENTY TWO, @Sally Sunshine not a peep or pip, what should I do?

O wow, yeah I don't think that's a good thing. I bet she is... I sure do and I'm 50, lol
not a good thing at all. 10 of 27 have made it out safely and to the side of the tray so far and a good many are still working on it. i don't regret giving it a try, but i don't see myself hatching in a carton/tray again.

celebrate.gif
so happy for you!

OMG, I sure thought I had read all of your stuff. I'm so glad you posted this and even happier that I didn't go with the cartons. Unfortunately still just one hatched, 1 DIS and nothing from the other 8. Day TWENTY TWO, @Sally Sunshine not a peep or pip, what should I do?
its not going to make or break a hatch like temps or humidity

do you think your running this late because low temp issue? or too high humidity issue? I know you read enough of my posts about calibration and several thermo/hygros. what is in yours again standards right? not bantams sorry I still didnt start a notebook up and the hal is over

Does anyone know of anyone or is willing to send me hatching eggs? I'm trying to get chicks for showing. But nobody near where i live will send me eggs or chicks! Please PM me if you know of anything. I've tried Craigslist and all those types of sites and i've come up empty.
barnie.gif

not a good thing at all. 10 of 27 have made it out safely and to the side of the tray so far and a good many are still working on it. i don't regret giving it a try, but i don't see myself hatching in a carton/tray again.

SO PRECIOUS! After reading what Sally said I'm not going to ever try no. I'm so glad yours are doing so well.

its not going to make or break a hatch like temps or humidity

do you think your running this late because low temp issue? or too high humidity issue? I know you read enough of my posts about calibration and several thermo/hygros. what is in yours again standards right? not bantams sorry I still didnt start a notebook up and the hal is over
Standards. Temp and humidity were stable. I have 2 thermometers and 2 thermometers/hygros. I candled and 2 early quitters
hit.gif
3 DIS on about day 19 or 20 best I can tell.

Does anyone know of anyone or is willing to send me hatching eggs? I'm trying to get chicks for showing. But nobody near where i live will send me eggs or chicks! Please PM me if you know of anything. I've tried Craigslist and all those types of sites and i've come up empty. :barnie

Try your state thread, or the Buy/Sale/Trade threads.

Back
Top Bottom